Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Oops, They Broke Up




Last night when I was outside laying in wait for the chipmunk that I plan to kill one of these days, I happened to notice the self proclaimed faith healer neighbor sitting on a kitchen chair in the middle of her driveway, shaving her chin with a disposable razor, while talking on the phone and crying. First off let me say, that is probably the longest run-on sentence known to man (or woman). But I digress. Being of a nosy nature, of course I had to trot right on over there to see what was the matter. The things I do to entertain myself…sigh… Well it seems that Deb was on the phone with her sons girlfriend. Actually her sons EX-girlfriend. Her son had dumped his girlfriend the night before. Deb hangs up when she sees me coming over, then meets me halfway. Bursts into crocodile tears and hugs me, trying to extract some semblance of comfort. Between sobs she tells the story of how he dumped his girlfriend and she had been on the phone with the girlfriend all night, until 4am, crying. Deb was so upset I thought SHE had dumped. She sobbed that her son had been going with this girl for 3 years, 2 months and 5 days. “How could he dump her after all those years?” she bawled. I patted her on the back and told her it would work out for the best in the end. She goes on to tell me how she is not speaking to her son until he takes this girl back, and she has her daughter not speaking to him either. Yes, Ms. Super Christian is promoting discord between siblings just so she can force him to be with whom she wants him to be with. Do you hear it? The cuckoo alert? I hear it loud and clear!




This is my last week of leisure. Yes, I’d better sleep in while I can because starting this Monday I am watching my 6 year old (soon to be 7) granddaughter from 8am until 5:30pm each and every weekday during the summer. In one respect I am excited about it. Just think of all of the cool things we can do. Crafts to be made, cookies to bake, museums to tour, shoes to be bought (she has a shoe addiction too). Then I think of all the energy one needs to have in order to be able to keep up with a 6 (almost 7) year old. I have to admit, I have less energy than an eighty year old. Seriously! I’m telling you, the senior set could run circles around me these days. Maybe Jas will give me the motivation and willpower to get out there and exercise so my energy level will increase. Yeah…right… Ha ha.
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 4:53 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At May 31, 2007 at 3:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Forget the chimpmunk, why the hell haven't you killed those God-forsaken neighbours of yours!? Aside from the prison sentence.

     
  • At May 31, 2007 at 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    RU going to make rolled paper beads? Make baker's clay beads? pins? Teach Jas to crochet? Start a compost pile with red earth worms (it doesn't smell, honest)? Build a butterfly house? Build a bat house? Press dried flowers into hand-made paper? Make a wind chime from old silverware?...ooops, I'm sorry, this is my 'what I would like to do this summer instead oif writing another #$%%^^&&&* math test'...sorry