Tuesday, May 22, 2007
Oops, She’s A Second Gwader



My granddaughter Jas informed me that she has only one week left of school before summer vacation begins. We were sitting on lawn chairs enjoying the spring day. She turns to me with a serious look on her face and asks “How does it feel to be the Gwanma of an almost second gwader? Did you ever think you would have a gwandaughter in the second gwade Gwanma? I bet you’re excited, aren’t you?” I didn’t have the heart to tell her it just made me feel old.



As a summer treat the hubster and I are taking Jas on a mini road trip in the middle of June. We had previously planned on flying to Canada to visit a friend, but a financial set-back put a monkey wrench in those plans. So we are doing the next best thing and taking Jas for her first southern vacation for a week in the middle of June. So if you know anything about the Carolina Beach NC, Wilmington NC, Charleston SC and Savannah Georgia areas drop me an email and let me know the insider scoop. We were able to get an outstanding deal on a hotel room in Carolina Beach NC. Actually it is a suite if truth be told. You can view the actual room on their website at the Atlantic Towers. They have the cutest little alcove with bunk beds for Jas. And our room will be over looking the beach. You know it’s coming, right? The downside. And of course with my luck there is always a downside. They assign your room number when you make your reservation. What’s our room number? No, it’s not on the thirteen floor. Our room number is 911. Should I be worried? I always worry so of course I should worry about this possibly being a string of bad luck. Maybe I’ll take a vacation from worry this trip though.



If anyone has recommendations on a nice hotel to stay at in Charleston SC or Savannah drop me an email.
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 5:07 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At May 23, 2007 at 1:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Look! Two comments in two days! How's that for dedication. That means you can link me again! :)

    The trip sounds nice. Dammit but I need a holiday...

     
  • At May 23, 2007 at 9:06 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Welcome back to the blog world Phil!

     
  • At May 24, 2007 at 8:04 AM, Blogger Sam

    Hi Daisy!
    My sister got married in Charlston, SC. We stayed at Foley Beach in a big huose (big family - big house) and it was great. Charleston is a lovely old city. There are lots of places to visit.