Monday, May 21, 2007
Oops, I’m an Author

Click on image to enlarge

Mark this day on your calendar. Because today is the day I became a published author!!! Actually several of you became published authors right along with me. Yes, Cooking With Friends was sent to the publisher today. I should get my copy in the mail in 3 – 5 days according to the publisher. It will take about 2 weeks for it to be available in stores like Borders or at Amazon.com. I have to wait for the ISBN number to be assigned and that is why it takes 2 weeks for stores to get it And actually the stores won't order it in unless you request it, except for Amazon.com. But you can't request it until the ISBN number is assigned. If you are like me and can't wait the 2 weeks to order it from your local bookstore, "Cooking with Friends" is available right now on the Lulu website at;

http://stores.lulu.com/daisy8972

I want to thank everyone who made this book possible. You are all my co-authors. I have wanted to write this cookbook since I was Fifteen years old. I really appreciate all of you sending recipes, sending encouragement and just telling me that dreams do come true. (Yes, I stole your tag line Deb) Now I am ready to get back to work on the 2nd book (the no named romance novel) and the 3rd book (The sequel to Cooking with Friends) and who knows how many more. I feel I may have unleashed a monster. Be afraid, be very afraid!


Click on image to enlarge

In between several rewrites today I found time to call the local health department on my pothead neighbor. They are sending an investigator out tomorrow morning to take pictures of the piles of garbage on the potheads patio. They will then send him a letter demanding that he correct the problem in a certain number of days and they will fine him. If he doesn’t correct the problem in the time limit they will send him another letter and another fine. Their reasoning is eventually he will be so sick of being fined that he will pick up his garbage.

As for the waist high grass problem, they told me to contact the local township trustee in regards to that. That person told me basically the same thing that the health department did. They will be sending the pothead letters and fines. But after 10 days if he has not cut the grass they will send a township employee to cut the grass and will not only give the pothead another fine but will also charge him for cutting the grass. Things could get real interesting around here in the next couple of weeks. I may want to move! I’m not a big fan of drama. Buy my house...please.
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 1:00 PM | Permalink |


9 Comments:


  • At May 21, 2007 at 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Congratulations author! I hope your book does well. Have you received an author copy?

     
  • At May 22, 2007 at 4:26 AM, Blogger Pamela S Thibodeaux

    Congrats Daisy and co-authors!

    Good luck and God's blessings on your cook book.

    Daisy, Thank you for posting a comment on Dorothy Thompson's Over-the-Hill-Boomer Chick Blog.

    I responed to that comment, but thought I'd drop by your blog and say "Thanks!" again.

    Also, to let you know (in case you didn't go back there) that I'm offering a 25% discount coupon off of Tempered Dreams (or any/all of the Tempered books) in conjunction with my Virtual Tour.

    Email me if you're interested: pthib-7@centurytel.net

    Thanks again for your comments and once again, Congratulations! Good Luck & God's Blessings on your work.

    Pamela S Thibodeaux
    "Inspirational with an Edge!"

     
  • At May 22, 2007 at 9:09 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Thanks Lita. I haven't received a copy yet but they are on the way. I should receive them in 3 - 5 days. It's so exciting!

    Thanks Pam. I didn't know that about the 25% coupon. I am hooked on Tempered Dreams though and have to read the rest of it to see how it turns out.

     
  • At May 22, 2007 at 11:09 AM, Blogger Sam

    I have your cookbook - and I can't wait to try recipes. They all look great - and one looks very familiar...LOL!

     
  • At May 22, 2007 at 11:43 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Thanks for ordering it Sam. actually a couple should look familar to you. I tried the Salmon and it was quite good. Now to try the lemon pie!

     
  • At May 22, 2007 at 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    You're a tough lady to track down! I'm trying to blog again and when I clicked your link you weren't there no more.

    Fantastic news about the book. I'm real proud of you. I was supposed to finish my book by the time I was 25, but that was 3 weeks ago, so I guess I'm running behind...

     
  • At May 23, 2007 at 7:54 AM, Blogger Rhys

    Wow, congratulations!! That is so exciting!!!!

    I love your blog, both the writing and the design! Now will you move on to your own cooking show, give Rachel Ray a run for her money?

     
  • At May 23, 2007 at 9:08 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Welcome bacl Phil! Its great to see you again.

    Thanks Rhys. I think Rachel Rays job is safe...for now. LOL

     
  • At May 23, 2007 at 9:17 AM, Blogger Rhys

    I don't know...her 15 minutes may be wearing off. :)