Sunday, May 20, 2007
Oops, Life In The Jungle

Click on image to enlarge

I have been on a mini spending spree this weekend. Actually truth be told, I have shelled out a bare minimum of dollars as I lucked into some really good deals. Let it be known I am a Reebok gal through and through. Every Fall I buy a new pair of Reebok Princess style sneakers. They normally cost $39 to $49. Yesterday I went to a certain store and they had all of the Reebok Princess style shoes on sale for 50% off. So I was able to get they at $19.99 a pair. But it got better. They were also having a sale that if you bought one pair of athletic shoes you could get a second pair for $1. And to sweeten the deal even better I had a coupon allowing me to get 15% off of any one item. So in the long run I got two pairs of Reeboks for $18 or rather $9 a pair. Not a bad deal at all, eh? There is nothing a show addict likes better than a good shoe sale.


Click on image to enlarge

The sales didn’t end in the shoe department though. I found the cutest garden statue in the lawn and garden department. I bought a flat of colorful flowers and planted them all around this pretty statue.


Click on image to enlarge (if you dare)

While I was in the garden though, I happened to look over the fence at the next door neighbors back yard. I am so pissed! That pothead has not cut his grass in the back yard at all this season. In fact he has only cut his front yard once and it is getting almost as bad as his back yard now. I guess he doesn’t have the energy to cut his yard after sitting around smoking pot all day. Three guys live there though so you would think that one of them could manage to get out there and cut the jungle. They won’t have to worry about it much longer though because tomorrow I am contacting the health department and demanding something be done about it. What you aren’t seeing in the picture is the back patio piled high with household garbage. They haven’t paid for garbage pickup for several months so they merely toss it out the back door onto the patio. And you were thinking the self proclaimed faith healer neighbor was my nastiest neighbor. Hah!


Click on image to enlarge (if you dare)
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 10:49 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At May 20, 2007 at 3:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Jeez their cousins must live up here. It's too much trouble to open the fence and then open the garbage dumpster. It's easier to think you're Micheal Jordon and pitch the garbage over the 5 foot fence and into the dumpster. Like Jordan my ass. . . they constantly miss the dumpster AND since the dumpster is open, the rats, cats, and even RACOONS yes, RACOONS in the city come to feast at my neighbors'. It's subsidized housing, so complaints make me a racist (!) But up here we've got a rat department in streets and sanitataion. Welcome mat for rats trumps all! Citations passed all round. Hay next to you looks as if it could harbor rats, bunnies, racoons, coyotes, ...

     
  • At May 20, 2007 at 4:48 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Hi Ern. That mess next to me harbors much worse than bunnies and racoons. It's a bloody snake den! Honest! Last week when Greg came home for lunch he pulled up in our driveway and saw a hawk swoop down and grab a snake out of the potheads yard and fly off with it. I'm calling the health dept first thing tomorrow. I have had it with those potheads!

     
  • At May 20, 2007 at 8:22 PM, Blogger Cindy N.

    Geez Louise! What kind of neighbor hood is this? I think you are doing the right thing. Call the health department on BOTH of your neighbors. They need to be accountable for all that crap.

     
  • At May 21, 2007 at 12:42 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Ha Ha ha ha!!!! The health department is coming out tomorrow morning and taking pictures of this pothead neighbors yard. He will be getting fines from 2 areas of local government. the Health dept for the trash in his backyard and the township trustee for the long grass. What comes around goes around. That faith healer neighbor better not piss me off or I'll report her next! LOL!!!