Tuesday, May 15, 2007
Oops, The Black Thumb of Death Returns



Last night I attended our monthly writers group meeting. As always I walked away inspired and ready to sit at the computer and write my little old heart out. I know the great American novel is in my fingertips, I just need to let it out. Last night we talked a bit about genres. My main problem with my no named romantic novel is that I still am not sure what genre I want it in. I heard of a new genre last night and it may fit in that particular genre; Romantica. I don’t know if that will allow my heroine to sleep around with the neighbors and her boss too as she has been doing, but it’s worth a shot. My heroine is quite the tart, the nasty girl! In fact, I had been thinking about changing my heroine’s boss’s job from a real estate agency owner to a fire fighter. What should I happen to see in the grocery store this morning? Some of Carmel Indiana’s finest firefighters. They all had these navy blue shorts on with these tight navy blue tee shirts. Sigh… Is it getting hot in here? Anyway, I couldn’t help it, I followed them around the store. It’s not my fault, I was doing research! I was!!! Or I could have been. Really!


After listening to other readers share some of their works last night I want to write a children’s book too. Ellen wrote the cutest children’s story which I am so jealous of. It was so cute and funny and the perfect book to read to your pre-school child. I could just hear myself reading it to my 6 year old granddaughter Jas and acting out the different parts. My problem is I want to write everything.


Click on image to enlarge

Speaking of the granddaughter, today I am picking Jas up from school and spending the afternoon with her. I have decided we are going to exercise my black thumb of death and plant flowers. Jas brought me the cutest flowers on Sunday for Mothers Day so we are going to plant those, as well as some flowers I purchased this morning. I should start a pool on how long they will live. 1 day? 3 days? A week? Probably no longer than a week with my black thumb of death.
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 10:03 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At May 15, 2007 at 6:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Well of course they won't grow if you leave them next to the stove. . . get them outside where they can experience the mud, aphids, hail, lightening...Say, you gonna get the 17 year cicadas down by you?,

     
  • At May 15, 2007 at 7:37 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    No Ern, don't tell me we are going to get 17 year cicadas now. If memory serves me correctly weren't we supposed to get them last year? I recall something being said about them last year but I don't remember what. Weren't they going to come out of the ground or something? A nightmare! And the plants are safe, Jas and I planted all the plants this afternoon. Hurray! I'll have to take a pic of them tomorrow. Guess who came over and pestered us though? Yup, the (groan) F.H. neighbor. AAGGHH!

     
  • At May 16, 2007 at 3:52 AM, Blogger Sam

    I want to write everything too! I don't think it's a problem, as long as you finish what you start - (said in a stern tone, lol).
    A firefighter is a sexy character. But how could he be a boss? Unless he's a volontary fireman?

     
  • At May 16, 2007 at 7:32 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    I dunno Sam, about the boss thing. Maybe she could be a dispatcher. It would sort of be like SHE was HIS boss then though? Somehow I have to get him to have one of the 'sexy' professions.