Thursday, May 10, 2007
Oops, The Postman Rings Twice



The postman delivered a package to me from my daughter today. Now let it be known that my postman is deathly afraid of dogs and therefore is afraid to come to my door. The few times he has come to the door he has his can of mace out and at the ready. If only he know how docile our dog really is. But I’m sure the outside door mat that says “Caution – Unbalanced dog” doesn’t help matters any. But that’s why I was so surprised that he braved if and came to the door to deliver the pkg. Must have been because it was mother’s day.


Click on image to enlarge

Brooke sent me the sweetest things for Mothers day. A funny card, a window sticker for family members of soldiers, a wristband, a pin, and an awesome hand made Polish pot (vase thingy?) and the coolest piece of hand painted stoneware from the Netherlands. I am in awe. I feel like Christmas has come. Thanks so much Brooke, I appreciate it all! You are my favorite daughter! Well, you actually my only daughter, but you can still be my favorite daughter, can’t you?



Last night was movie night here at the Daisy household. The hubster and I went out for pizza and a movie. We went to see Hot Fuzz. If you only see one movie this year, make that the movie. I loved it! It was from the makers of Shaun of the Dead and was hilarious! If you are having a bad week and new a side-splitting laugh go see Hot Fuzz! Daisy’s orders!
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 9:26 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At May 10, 2007 at 6:46 PM, Blogger Kate

    awwwww, what a good daughter. I want one of those.

    I got nothing but boys and they are lovely people but STINK when it comes to the gift/card thing.

     
  • At May 10, 2007 at 7:20 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Oh I have 2 boys as well Kate and I know only too well how boys stink at gift giving. Fortunately Brooke makes up for it! :-)

     
  • At May 10, 2007 at 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Sure is a nice bag of goodies--mustard pot/salt cellar and all. Glad B and SB are okay, I think of them often

     
  • At May 10, 2007 at 9:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    What a great present, you have a wonderful daughter! Kuddos to the postman for overcoming his fear just for you! Sorry to hear about your bout of pancreas problems, but thanks for the info on the Allegra. I will stay away from it! I am madly trying to finish a quilt for my Mom for Mother's Day. I gave her the quilt top for Christmas, and she asks everytime she sees me if I have started quilting it yet...so guess what I am giving myself for Mother's Day? A stop to the question! :) I have two boys, and for the last three years, either I have had a very sick and puking kid, and last year I ended up in the hospital on Mother's Day afternoon....so I am hoping to have a very relaxed and healthy for everyone MD...and that will be, by far, the best MD present I could ever receive! I hope you feel better soon.
    Hugs,
    Suzi