Saturday, April 28, 2007
Oops, No Book For Me



Oops, Daisy is upset. Yes, I am pissed once more. Seems to be the common state of my life the last couple of days. It all started when I was on Sam’s blog a couple of days ago. She mentioned a site called Bookmooch where you list the books you have that you don’t want any more and you mooch other people’s books that you do want. It’s rather addicting. I posted 25 books that I didn’t want anymore, some of them really good books. Then I posted my wish list of books that I would live to receive. When a book on my wish list becomes available I receive an email stating that the book is now available and I can have it if I click on this link. I have been dying to read The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. I received an email on Thursday stating it was now available. I was overjoyed! I happily click on the link and it says someone has already snagged the book. Yes, the book is gone. I am too slow of a clicker. I was so sad. I tried to be a fast clicker, but to no avail. Since Thursday that book has become available 4 more times and each time someone has snagged it before me. I have clicked as soon as 15 minutes after the book was posted but always someone else gets it before me. It’s really depressing me in addition to pissing me off.

Therefore, if any of you join Bookmooch and happen to have The Time Travelers Wife, please refuse to send it to anyone but me. Save it for daisy8972 okay?!

In other news, our day in Kentucky has been fun. We did a tour of the Jim Beam bourbon distillery and went on a 2 hour train ride. I will go into more detail when I get home and can upload my pictures. Silly me left the camera cable at home so I can’t download any pictures from my digital camera.



For now though, I need to find a shop that sells souvenirs so I can get a Kentucky thimble. I collect thimbles from where ever we travel to. with the kind of luck I am having lately the only thimbles they have left in Kentucky will say "Malta" on them or something. Greetings from Malta!
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 4:51 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At April 30, 2007 at 4:04 AM, Blogger Sam

    I hope you get the book!!!

    Thimbles are a wise thing to collect - small and easy to transport and store!!

     
  • At April 30, 2007 at 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I'm gonna say that your thimble from Los Angeles is missing...am I right?

    Had I known you were looking for The Time Traveler's Wife, I would have salvaged it from the book boxes I donated to the Salvation Army.

    I hope you're feeling better!

     
  • At April 30, 2007 at 7:25 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Hey Juanita and Sam, guess what I got today? THE TIME TRAVELERS WIFE!!!! I was on my email when the email from bookmoocher came through saying another was was available. Within 30 seconds it was mine. Sweet victory!

     
  • At May 1, 2007 at 2:53 PM, Blogger Pynchon

    Ah... "The Time Travelers Wife". One of the best books I've read in ages.

    The filming of the movie adaptation starts later this year with Eric Bana and Rachel McAdams. I'm not at all sure he is right as Henry, but she certainly is perfect as Claire.