Thursday, May 24, 2007
Oops, It’s Time To Rumble



There is going to be a fight, and it’s not going to be pretty. But once you’ve made Daisy mad, well you’ve done it! And l gotta tell you, Daisy is rip-roaring mad! It all started Tuesday night. The self proclaimed faith healer neighbor and her annoying 11 year old daughter saw me watering my flowers in the front yard and came over to make my life a living hell. So as we are sitting on lawn chairs chatting the daughter looks over at my flower bed and says “what is that?” I get up to look and darn if it isn’t that drated chipmunk that keeps eating my flower bulbs. And guess what his cheeks were stuffed with? Oh it was on! So we all take off running after the chipmunk. He ends up running under the fence into our backyard right next to my stupid dog who merely stands there with a puzzled look on his face, wondering why we were all running. He didn’t even realize a chipmunk had run right between his legs. Mr. chipmunk was fortunate to live to see another day.

On Wednesday the hubster and I were going to take our granddaughter Jas to the movies to see Shrek 3, so I pick her up from school. She and I sit on the lawn chairs in the front yard while we wait for the hubster, and I tell her the story of the chipmunk. And as I am telling her the story we happen to glance over at the flower bed and who do you think was sitting right in the middle of the impatients? That darn chipmunk! And I tell you, he was mocking me! Jas and I run after him but he was too fast. We’ll be keeping an eye peeled for him so he may want to find a new yard to live in, cause I am ready to rumble!



And speaking of Shrek 3, it was a funny, cute movie. I definitely recommend it. But then again I really like cartoons, so take what you will from that. I have to say though, the theater that we went to view the movie at was being overly optimistic. They had a viewing of Shrek 3 starting every 15 minutes. There were only 2 other people in the theater with us at our showing of the movie. I think they could have done with a few less showings. Still, I really enjoyed it, and so did Jas and the hubster. And most important of all, the popcorn was good!
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 2:28 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At May 24, 2007 at 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Try dried blood but the dog might like to roll in it. The most outrageous remedy I've ever heard of was coyote urine. Where from? Internet. Who collects it? That's a question I'm unwilling to research!!!!!

     
  • At May 24, 2007 at 4:17 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    This may sound gross but I think I know where I can get some dried dogs blood. My own house. that's a story for another day though. and seeing as how I have spent the last 30 minutes cleaning up dog vomit I'll discuss the blood thing another day. Seriously though, I think I'll buy some if I can find it

     
  • At May 24, 2007 at 9:27 PM, Blogger Cindy N.

    Oh, but aren't they cute little boogers! We don't have chipmunks down here, but the squirrels do the same thing. When my hybiscus blooms, they immediatly snip the bloom off and eat it. Damn squirrels! But I do enjoy watching them.