Thursday, May 1, 2008
Oops, Life on the Shore
The advantage of having your flight arrive fifteen minutes early is that you can call your hubster and tell him not to bother parking, just pick you up in front of the baggage claim area. And if you’ve ever parked at Baltimore Washington International Airport, you know that saved us a bunch of $$$. Hurray for fast planes!

What we made up for in fast planes we lost in Bridge repairs. They decided to work on one of the spans of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tuesday night, thus all traffic had to use the old bridge, turning it into one lane each way. When you are used to having three lanes of traffic going each way, going down to one lane is a major pain in the butt and quite a lengthy delay. But we finally got across the bridge and back to the hubster’s brother’s house, where he has been staying these past two months.


(Click on image to enlarge)

The hubster couldn’t take any time off while I am here since he is taking off at the end of May to fly back to Indy for closing and moving. So to break up a dull day I decided to walk around my brother in laws property yesterday. He lives in the country and has a lot of property and outbuildings. I walked over to the dog kennel and said hello to Bud the dog. Then I walked over to the peacock kennel and said hello to Bailey the peacock. After that I walked around the property taking pictures of the pretty flowers. At one point I even stopped to smell the white flowering buds on a tree. That’s when IT happened. The biggest, longest, blackest, scariest snake you ever saw rapidly slid in front of me, disappearing into a grove of trees. I gave a blood curdling scream and quickly walked back to the house, locking my self inside. I was so proud of myself for not running. At lunchtime when the hubster called me, I told him about the unwelcome visitor. “Oh, you met my brother’s friend” he said. His brother keeps his “friend” around to keep mice and such off of his property. I would have to say it is probably good for keeping sister in laws off your property too because if I see his “friend” again I’m likely to check into a hotel!


(Click on image to enlarge)

Yesterday was a special day for me. It was my fourteenth wedding anniversary! It really seems like it should only be the fifth or sixth anniversary. Time really funs when your having flies, eh? So the hubster and I went to Old Mill Crab House for a good old fashioned Eastern Shore crab feast. Between the two of us we ate three dozen steamed crabs, a pound of steamed shrimp, a basket of hush puppies, fried chicken, several ears of corn on the cob, a basket of fried clam strips and a basket of fried shrimp. All in two hours! Yes, bellies were hurting. But it was well worth the pain.


(Click on image to enlarge)

Today I was out and about at 7am, taking pictures of Salisbury, which is the town that the hubster is working in. I would have liked to have slept in, but since the hubster and I are sharing a car while I am here visiting, I had to drop him off at work at 7am. The only thing I can say about him having to be at work so early is the traffic isn’t bad at 7am. So a walk by the downtown plaza this morning, then free WiFi at Panera. Lunch with the hubster and then this afternoon the Salisbury Zoo I think. Life on the Shore. A much slower pace to be sure.


(Click on image to enlarge)
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 6:01 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: