Wednesday, April 9, 2008
Oops, an unexpected Road Trip
Friday, as Jas and I were eating lunch at her favorite Chinese barfette, I decided that I couldn’t take another weekend alone. So I called my eldest and asked him if he wanted to drive down to the Shore with me and share the driving responsibilities. A normal car trip to the Eastern Shore of Maryland is anywhere between twelve and fourteen hours. I had two showings on Saturday morning, starting at 10am. Therefore we decided that we would hit the road at 9am on Saturday. (I have no idea how the showings went, but since I haven’t received a call from my real estate agent telling me we have an offer, I can only assume we had our usual bad luck.)


(Click on picture to enlarge)

At 8:45am Saturday, I picked up Jasmine from her moms. By 9:30am we had picked up her father and his girlfriend and were on our way. We made really good time and at 9:16 that evening I was wrapped in my hubby’s arms. I must say it felt damned good. I mean damned good. And did I mention it felt damned good?


(Click on picture to enlarge)

We didn’t do much while we were on Maryland’s eastern shore because the weather was nasty. It rained the entire time, usually just a steady drizzle or annoying mist, and it was chilly with temps in the 40’s. But I didn’t care. I was with the hubster and I could have cared less what the weather was doing. Unfortunately the weather spoiled Jasmine’s plans for going on the boardwalk in Ocean City.


(Click on picture to enlarge)

We did go on Monday afternoon, weather be damned. But it was cold, and rainy and just plain nasty so none of us stayed on the Boardwalk for long. We stayed long enough to get Thrashers fries though and Dolly’s caramel corn. After all, that’s the whole point of going to the boardwalk anyway. Well, unless you are my friend Jules, then you end up in the Purple Moose saloon drinking fuzzy navels. What a blast you have doing it though.


(Click on picture to enlarge)

Jas professed to having had a good time even though the weather was crappy and messed up her Boardwalk plans. Being the budding zoologist that she is, she enjoyed staying with Greg and I at his brothers farm because not only does he have a cool dog (Bud) but he also has a beautiful (but loud) peacock named Bailey. When we arrived we went out to say hello to Bailey, then when we turned to walk away the peacock let out this blood curdling scream that sounded like a woman being murdered. Poor Jas jumped a mile. I have to admit, I jumped too. In case you haven’t heard a peacock in person, they sound like a woman with a high pitched voice screaming “HELP!” Try sleeping through that!

On the way back we ended up sitting in bumper to bumper traffic at the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. That’s very unusual for a weekday morning in the Spring. If it were a Sunday afternoon in the middle of summer I could understand it. Nonetheless, we did make it home safely and in record time even though we sat in the Bay Bridge backup for 1 hour and 30 minutes. We were home by 9pm last night.

I had an incredibly hard time sleeping last night. After you spend three nights sleeping with your husbands arms wrapped around you, it’s very hard to go back to sleeping alone. Although I am glad we went I have to admit I miss him more than ever now. Please, someone buy our house ... quick!
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 2:00 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments: