Saturday, March 29, 2008
Rest in peace dear friend

(click on image to enlarge)

Yesterday at 6:40pm our dog, Moose, was put out of the pain he had been enduring with the cancer that had invaded his body for the last 6 months. He had anal sac carcinoma, which is one of the deadliest cancers a doggie can get. One of the main ways dogs will get that cancer is when they have not been fixed if they are a male dog. It usually hits around ages 11 or 12 according to the research I did on it. Moose was 11 years and 28 days old as of yesterday, March 28, 2008. To say we are devastated would be an understatement. But we are secure in knowing he is out of pain and in a far better place. If you have a male dog, for Moose's sake please make sure you get him fixed. Thank you.
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 11:06 AM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At March 29, 2008 at 4:28 PM, Blogger Jerry

    I am so sorry.

     
  • At March 29, 2008 at 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    He's sure to be waiting at the Rainbow Bridge for you, although you're sure to see glimpses of him here and there around the house for a while. Truly sorry for your loss.

     
  • At March 30, 2008 at 8:23 AM, Blogger Tracy Lynn

    I'm so sorry, Daisy.

     
  • At March 30, 2008 at 7:18 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Thanks guys. I swear I don't think I have ever cried so much in my life. I feel like my child has died. I know he is in a far better place though. Thanks again for the thoughts!

     
  • At March 30, 2008 at 10:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    So sorry dear friend. Its very sad to lose our beloved animals. Take care and stay away from those martinis.... and try a fuzzy navel! Remember the last time we knocked those back?

     
  • At April 1, 2008 at 5:26 AM, Blogger MarkD60

    I am sorry about your dog, my dog is 8 and I already wonder how I'll ever be able to live without him.

     
  • At April 14, 2008 at 2:56 PM, Blogger Chatty

    We had to let our Golden go two years ago on the 6th. He had Hemangiosarcoma...no cure for that monster. I hate reading about all the cancer in dogs.

    Not sure how I stumbled upon your blog, but I like it and will be back. I've been in a blog rut and looking for new reads. :)