Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Oops, Indiana Monsoons Continue


Although yesterday’s morning held the promise of spring, today’s held the promise of floods, and lots of them. There has been a steady drizzle falling all day, giving the already chilled air a miserable feeling. No hint of spring in the air today, oh no. The perfect thing to do would have been to stay in bed and sleep the nasty weather away. I forged ahead though and went to the one place in the Midwest that I knew would make the sun shine in my heart. Hobby Lobby. I tell you, I am going to miss that store when I move back to Maryland. Just the act of walking into Hobby Lobby puts a bounce in my step and a song in my heart. I don’t have to buy anything, although I frequently do. Walking through the aisles looking at the brightly colored items would be enough to perk anyone up.



I did manage to find a few items that had to make their way into my cart. A couple for me, a couple for my daughter and even one for my grandpug, Booger.


Click on image to see my neighbors flooded yard

I really needed a perk today, not only because of the weather, but also because the weather has flooded my neighbor’s yards. No one is going to want to buy my house when they see the neighbors yards flooded. They will think we are in a flood zone. Good old Indiana’s monsoon season. Damn it!

This afternoon, when I went to the mailbox to gather the mail, I saw a young dude in an expensive silver sports car sitting in front of the faith healers house, looking over at my house. He drove over to me and asked me how much we were asking for the house. I told him, he thanked me and drove away. I have a couple of problems with this interaction. First of all, why is he looking at a house that costs less than his car? Secondly, why didn’t he get his lazy butt out of his car and grab a flyer from the box in front of him, which has the price emblazed on the front. I wonder if he was a real estate investor looking for a cheap house to rent out or something. Must not have been too impressed though because I haven’t gotten a call for a showing yet.

Late this afternoon I went to a local coffee shop to drink no foam lattes, read gossip magazines and people watch. I wish I had taken my digital camera with me. I saw a womanman … person that looked very out of place. This womanman person was carrying a woman’s purse. It wasn’t a “man purse” either. Everyone was staring because, quite frankly, the womanman … person looked freaky as hell. I would swear it was a man, as he had a severe case of hair loss. The few hairs he had in the back were long and hung down to his shoulders. I’m getting a case of queasy stomach thinking about it, so maybe I’d better change the subject. Or go vomit. Or maybe both.
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 7:25 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At March 20, 2008 at 1:11 AM, Blogger Sam

    My daughter and I were in the market and I wanted to know the price of something (no tag) and the floor manager came up - - and we had no idea if the manager was a man or a woman. No name tag. Short hair. Deep voice. Masculin clothes, but wearing some feminine looking jewelry. No make-up, but no trace of whiskers either. We were probably staring like rude hicks, but honestly - we could not help it. There is something very unnerving about a sexless person - like her/she was an android or something.

     
  • At March 20, 2008 at 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    got you both beat...one of the assistants at my vet's office is a used-to-be man. But, you'd wouldn't know it unless you were the vet's client when he used-to-be. She seems quite normal now. But it's still takes getting used to.

     
  • At March 20, 2008 at 10:49 PM, Blogger Jerry

    It's been raining here for hours.

     
  • At March 21, 2008 at 10:59 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    LOL, remember Pat from Saturday Night Live days? was it a man or a woman, no it's PAT!!!! Ha ha.