Monday, March 3, 2008
Oops, A Bad First Day


Today was the hubster’s first day of work at his new job in Maryland. He calls me at 11:00am asking me where his social security card is as he can’t find it and the human resources department insists on having a copy of it. I have no idea where it may be; I’ve never had access to it. He still hasn’t found it. I always thought he carried it in his wallet like most people. When he called me this evening I asked him how his first day went and he said he had more important things on his mind than his new job. It seems his eighty-year-old mother was hospitalized this morning with congestive heart failure. What a bad start to his first day on the job, eh? Please keep her in your prayers. It’s our worst nightmare to move to Maryland only to have her die when we move there. Te whole reason we are moving to Maryland is because Greg misses his mother and wants to spend more time with her. To make matters worse, this is the very thing Greg’s father died of. So as you can imagine, everyone is hitting the panic button right about now. Sometimes I wonder if this move is just not meant to be. Makes you wonder doesn’t it?
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 5:07 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At March 3, 2008 at 7:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Geez You guys are having a terrible march, aren't you.
    I'll certainly add your MIL to my prayers. In a way, it was good that he was already out there and not fretting about being so far away.

     
  • At March 4, 2008 at 6:05 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Hi Ern. I hope our March gets better. Although when I came out of the movies this afternoon to an ice storm it was pretty apparent my luck hadn't changed. Oh well.

     
  • At March 5, 2008 at 5:15 AM, Blogger Sam

    MIL inserted in prayers...Maybe the move was meant to be - maybe he was supposed to get closer to his mom so he could be with her.

    I'm off to the bank tomorrow to see about loans and such. Ugh.
    My poor mom thinks she can't keep her new house, and will have to sell it and move back to her old one. Argh. It's the economy! Just think, if the US pulls out of Iraq, it will be saving over 5bn dollars a day! (so let us pray...)