Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Oops, I Don’t Get It

(click on image to enlarge)

I am officially depressed. Shortly before my daughter went to Germany she gave me her Tracker. I guess I have subconsciously felt it was an extension of her. Yesterday I gave it to my eldest son as we didn’t want to move it to Maryland with us. As it was being driven out of our driveway tears clouded my vision. It was as if I was saying goodbye to my daughter again. I am going to miss that car. Good times, good times. I remember going with my daughter when she picked out that car. Then, on the way home, as we rode topless (the car, not us) it started hailing and she had to pull over to the side of the road and quickly try to put the top on. I taught my husband how to drive a stick shift in that car. I remember when I came back from a trip to California, my husband had bought me the cutest floor mats that had cherries on them. I remember the first warm day each spring, putting the top down and driving with the music blaring and the wind whipping through my hair. Yes, good times. The hubster has promised me we will look at buying a jeep for a second vehicle when we move, but it won’t be the same. At least we kept the Tracker in the family I suppose.

Another thing that has me down a little bit, is that we gave up our Indiana area code last night and went with a new cell phone plan that has Maryland area codes. Everything is happening so fast and the move is starting to sink in now. It’s hard to step out of the familiar into the unknown.


(click on image to enlarge)

When we lived in Wisconsin, it snowed everyday. I swear it did! Or it certainly seemed that way. Indiana is proving to give us the same send off. Every day we get some amount of snow. Some days we get more than others, but nonetheless we get snow. Overnight we were hit with three inches of that nasty white stuff. And more is expected for tonight. This on top of the one inch we received yesterday, on top of the stuff we already had leftover from the last snow storm. I am so ready to hit that groundhog in the head with a shovel for seeing his shadow!


(click on image to enlarge)

And of all days to have an appointment, of course I would have one today, thus having to leave the warm confines of my house and venture out into that nasty, vile, white stuff. The humanity of it all people, the humanity. And speaking of humanity, why do people drive like idiots in the snow? If you look closely at the picture (aka enlarge it) you will see that in typical Hoosier fashion, the roads are clear as a bell. So please tell me why these morons felt the need to drive 30MPH in a 55 MPH zone? I just don’t get it.
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 2:21 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At February 21, 2008 at 7:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    They drive like an Indidiot because they're driving an igloo, duh! You folks ever hear of a snow brush? BTW we've had over 4.5 FEET of that crap. 0° today, snow tomorrow—day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day after day

     
  • At February 21, 2008 at 10:24 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    What gets me is that little bit that they did scrape off of the back window was so covered with ice that they couldn't even see through it, so why bother scrapping off the little bit they did? LOL

    yeah, we're expecting more snow today too, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow.... I'm so sick of snow!