Monday, February 4, 2008
Oops, Our Neighbors Suck


Our realtor tells us we are fortunate for having had 3 showings in 2 weeks time. She states that at this time of year that is practically unheard of. Then she gave us the feedback from the people that looked at our house. They all loved the house, even though one stated we had a dated floor plan. Then they all make the same statement; they have concerns about the neighborhood. Loosely translated that mean they are freaked out by the fact that the two boys across the street have had a mattress laid against the side of their house for the last six months…and...(you know it’s coming)...the self proclaimed faith healer neighbor. I took care of part of the situation. I gave the boys across the street a threat that I would call their landlord. That very night the mattress disappeared (to the back of their house). What do you do about the self proclaimed faith healer neighbor though? I suppose we could burn her house down, but they would leave the rubble there and that would be almost (yes, almost) as unsightly as their house. All we can do is hope and pray that someone will overlook the neighbors and buy our house soon. I tell you this, our next house will be in a better neighborhood. Who knew we would take such a loss just because of the creepy neighbors on this street. It’s a damned shame!

The hubster’s boss is an ass. When the hubster gave his two months notice, his boss was okay with it. Then he sat back and thought “I can save the money I am paying him for his salary and go out and buy a new fancy sports car.” And that is exactly what he did. He gave the hubster not quite 3 weeks notice that his last day would be Feb 13th. So it looks like the hubster will be starting the new job in Maryland sooner than we thought. I, however, will be staying here at the house until this pile of bricks is sold. It’s so depressing to even think about so I try not to. I just wish someone would hurry up and buy our house so I could move too. But with neighbors like we have, I’m screwed. Damn...
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 5:41 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At February 5, 2008 at 2:45 AM, Blogger Sam

    Oh dear - but your house is so lovely, so nice and neat - and the garden so beautiful - it will overcome the mattress and faith healer.
    And some religious nut may look at the house and positively fall in love with the faith healer. (wouldn't that be nice?)
    :-D

     
  • At February 5, 2008 at 5:39 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Frankly Sam, I think the faith healer neighbor should have someone from her weird church buy my house. Then they would fit right in with the weird trashy neighbors! Perfect! Maybe I should start posting "house for sale" flyers at the local churches. LOL

     
  • At February 6, 2008 at 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    well, you could bury a statue of St Joseph, head first, in the back yard... that's supposed to help sell a house!

     
  • At February 6, 2008 at 10:22 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    One step ahead of you Ern. We've got one buried in the back flower bed againt the back of the house. I need to keep in mind that the house has only been on the market almost 3 weeks. I was hoping it would sell in the forst week though. :-(