Thursday, December 13, 2007
Oops, Times a-wasting


You will not believe what I discovered by accident. I hardly believe it myself. Guess who carries the children’s book my granddaughter and I wrote? Target! Yup, the good old red dot boutique. Can you believe it?




And speaking of my granddaughter, we are giving her an extra special gift this Christmas. I had already finished shopping for her. We’ve purchased several items for her with her big present being a portable DVD player. But last night we purchased something a little bit more expensive. We bought a plane ticket for her. And tickets for the hubster and I as well of course. The hubster needs to be in Maryland for new years eve and new years day because the company he will be working for is moving to a new software package on those days. And since the hubster has been using that particular software package for a couple of years, and since he will be using it in his new job there, they want him to be a part of the conversion and lend his expertise. I thought it would be a perfect time for Jas to have her first plane ride and to get to spend some time with her. Because come March we won’t be in the same state anymore. Yes, they want him at the new job by March. That doesn’t give us much time to sell the house, especially when we haven’t even talked to a realtor yet. Times a-wasting so we’d better get on top of that. We’ve only known since the middle of October that we would be moving. Jas’s biggest concern about flying? What does she do if she has to go to the bathroom. I assured her that there are bathrooms on all planes. I also told her the flight is only 1 hour and 30 minutes. She was under the impression that the flight would be all day. No, it will just feel like it’s all day.
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 10:40 AM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At December 13, 2007 at 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    don't be shy take all the pix you can of the book at target. . Great idea to take Lil Ms with you over New Years. Then she'll have an understanding of how close/far away you are moving.
    It's really the perfect time for her..She's just a the age when they begin to make friends outside the family and play dates and all that stuff...But she'll still want to visit you over the summer.....w00t!

     
  • At December 14, 2007 at 6:02 AM, Blogger Sam

    Oh YAY for Target!! Good for you!!
    And that's sweet about Jaz's first plane trip. I remember one kid looking up at a plane in the sky and asking "How do we get on it?" (she went on to become Miss Teen South Carolina, I believe...)
    LOL!

     
  • At December 17, 2007 at 6:26 AM, Blogger MarkD60

    Congrats! You're a famous, published author now!
    I'll be keeping an eye out for your book!
    That dog in plane reminds me of Wallace and Grommit! Have a good trip to Maryland! And Lil' Miss's first plane ride!