Saturday, November 3, 2007
Oops, I Need My Chocolate Fix

(click on image to enlarge)

In my last post I was gloating over the fact that we never get trick or treaters anymore, so the milky way bars I bought for Halloween would all be going down our gullets instead of being handed out to the angry masses ringing our doorbell. I spoke too soon. We had our 7 year old granddaughter Jas, of course, and a 6 year old neighbor girl. Jas was a little she-devil and the neighbor girl was a princess. I gave them both piles of candy, leaving ten mini milky way bars for the hubster and myself. Wouldn’t you know that we ended up getting eight more kids (teens actually) later that night. After that I turned the outside light off and the hubster and I ate the two remaining mini candy bars before some wayward trick or treater came by trying to claim them. A chocolate junkie has to do what they can you know.


(click on image to enlarge)

I took my Pathfinder for an estimate on Friday morning, confident that they were going to tell me I merely needed a new bumper. I was floored when they told me my SUV was undriveable! It seems that the exhaust system was crushed and buckled. Instead of being straight it was pressed sideways against the rear tire. The mud flap had melted all over the tailpipe. I had no idea! I had seen the exhaust pipe sticking out from the side, but it hadn’t registered in my brain that it shouldn’t be like that. The other persons insurance company has admitted liability and they are covering the rental car. They tried to put me in a Ford Focus, which is a small car. So I would be going from a huge fully loaded luxury SUV to a dinky little pregnant roller skate. I don’t think so! The gal at the car rental agency told me a secret. She told me to call the other persons insurance company and tell them that I needed a comparable vehicle to mine, not a Ford Focus. So I ended up getting the best vehicle the car rental agency had available, a 2008 Ford Explorer. It’s not as nice as my Pathfinder, but it’s not a pregnant roller skate.
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 11:19 AM | Permalink |


5 Comments: