Wednesday, October 3, 2007
A Hometown Article

(click on image to enlarge)

You know you’ve made it when you get hometown recognition. While Chincoteague isn’t actually my hometown, Delmarva and the Chincoteague area are certainly the area I grew up around. I can’t begin to tell you the countless times I hunted for shells (and found hundreds of them) on both Maryland and Virginias Assateague Island. And allow me to assure you, I’ve eaten more than my weight in Chincoteague oysters. They don’t come any finer than Chincoteague oysters. I could go for a few dozen of them now come to think of it. Sigh…

Check out chincoteague-island.net to read their article on my cookbook, Cooking With Friends. The folks at chincoteague-island.net did a fine job capturing the true essence of Cooking With Friends.

In addition they have also provided an easy, one click link on their site for patrons to purchase the book. Being originally from the Eastern Shore of Delmarva, where chincoteague-island.net is located, I am especially honored to have Cooking With Friends reviewed on their site. In fact, in one of the recipes in Cooking With Friends states that only fresh oysters from Chincoteague should be used in the dish. Their sister site, http://www.fresh-seafood.net/ also includes a one click link to purchase Cooking With Friends.

So head on over to http://www.chincoteague-island.net/ and http://www.fresh-seafood.net/ to not only read the article but also to check out what an awesome site they have.
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 8:05 AM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At October 4, 2007 at 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    IMP freakin RESSIVE!!!!!!!!!!!
    and I thought there were only horses there.

     
  • At October 4, 2007 at 1:45 PM, Blogger MarkD60

    When you said "They don’t come any finer than Chincoteague oysters." I thought you were going to say they don't come out any finer than the way the went in"
    Stupid, I know.

     
  • At October 4, 2007 at 9:04 PM, Blogger Cindy N.

    I am so excited for you. Maybe one day, when I grow up, I'll be famous too! Go for it girl, you are awesome!

     
  • At October 5, 2007 at 1:05 AM, Blogger Sam

    That is Great!!!
    Did you see any wild ponies or go to round up day?
    After reading 'Misty', that's my daughter's dream now, lol!

     
  • At October 6, 2007 at 11:52 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Oh they have much more than horses Ern. They have some of the best seafood on the Eastern Seaboard.

    LOL at your comment Mark. Believe me, you don't want to know how they came out. LOL

    Aw shucks, thanks Cindy!

    Sam, I've bene to so many pony roundups there. It's a blast. Your daughter would LOVE it! And when you go to the seashore there, wild horses roam all around on the beach and the parking lot, etc. It's very pretty!