Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Oops, I’m Paula Deen



Just a quick note to let ya’ll know what has been going on. I seem to be the Paula Deen of the Midwest these days. I had a call from a magazine today and they are sending a writer and a photographer out next week to do a spread on me and my cookbook. Can you believe it? Me! Little old me! I am still in shock! It will be in the October issue of the magazine. I am making five dishes for them to photograph. The cool part about it is the hubster doesn’t mind that I am on a new dishes hunt now. After all, I “need” it for the photo shoot. (Yeah, right). So I am looking at hand painted Mexican pottery and fiesta ware. I am in my glory. I love buying dishes. In fact, I have a set of dishes for every season and more. It’s true! I have Debbie Mum snowman dishes set, Debbie Mum BBQ design dishes set, and tons, tons more. And kitchen gadgets? Oh, I am the queen of those.

Now I have to shop for a new outfit because of course, I have nothing to wear!
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 8:01 PM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At August 16, 2007 at 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    of course, new shoes, new hairdo, new clothes...can you find a recipe that includes a new car?. . .Great that you're so busy the FHN will have to find another lunch pal!

     
  • At August 16, 2007 at 1:59 PM, Blogger Rick

    Depending on the magazine, you might be able to get them to buy the dishes. It's called "product placement"... they get an advertiser, who just happens to manufacture dishes... you get the idea...

     
  • At August 16, 2007 at 6:07 PM, Blogger Neil

    How cool! Will we get to see the spread?

     
  • At August 16, 2007 at 8:33 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    You would be so pleased with me Ern, I have ducked the FHN almost all summer and haven't been to lunch with her for about a month or two! It's great!

    I like the idea of product placement Rick. I'll have to email the writer and ask her if it is possible. Even better would be if I get to keep the dishes!

    Of course you will get to see the spread Neil. I'll even show you the mag article! (Oh I'm naughty tonight. Heh heh)

     
  • At August 18, 2007 at 10:42 AM, Blogger Tracy Lynn

    HOORAY DAISY! I knew you would be a huge success.