Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Oops, Auntie Brooke Rocks

Click on image to enlarge

Jas will turn seven this Thursday. Hard to believe if you ask me. In fact, I am still in shock that she is old enough to be attending school, much less about to enter the second grade. I was changing her diaper one day and turned around for just a second and when I turned back she had grown up. At least that is the way it seems. Auntie Brooke is tops on Jas’s list right now. Jas was bemoaning the fact that she was bored this afternoon and at that very second the mailman dropped a birthday package off for Jas from Auntie Brooke. Jas was engrossed and enthralled for the rest of the afternoon with all of the goodies Auntie Brooke sent from Germany. Not only the cutest little pug (actually second cutest since Brooke’s pug Booger is the cutest), but she also sent Jas a teeny tiny little toy dog about the size of a quarter. It was adorable. Several types of tattoos were in the bag in addition to jewelry, stickers, gel pens, assorted Haribo gummy candies and the topper – three fart bags. Be grateful I didn’t have the foresight to take a picture of the fart bags. They are sealed bags that have a little device inside that you pop. Within a few seconds of popping it the bag explodes and a fart sound and noxious deadly ripper smell encases the entire area. At least that is what the package says. We haven’t had the nerve to try it yet. Jas is seriously considering letting them off at her birthday party on Saturday. Oh, and another treat Auntie Brooke sent – a five euro bill. Jas doesn’t want to spend it. She is putting it in her special box, which is a memory box for special items like her lost teeth that the tooth fairy pays her for but forgets to take. Jas’s mother was just as enthralled with everything as Jas was. She was calling her one friend (Meg) and her boyfriend and telling them about how cool everything was. She was blown away by the fact that the writing on the items were in German. I hear that when you buy local things in Germany, they usually are in German. Odd how that happens isn’t it? Sorry, it’s late at night and that is my feeble attempt at being sarcastic. I’ll try harder next time.


Click on image to enlarge

Our morning was taken up with shopping today. Since we recently returned from vacation we needed to stock up on some groceries. So Jas and I headed off to the grocery. Jas believes in dressing up and looking her best when she goes out in public, so since she was having a bad hair day she decided to wear one of her many wigs. I know you were thinking she dyed her hair, but trust me, it’s a wig. If this were my daughter Brooke, you would be correct in thinking this was her actual hair because in 11th grade she did dye her hair this exact shade of pink with Manic Panic hair dye. My tub was stained magenta pink for weeks. I was so mad. Then there was the time I came home from work to find that Brooke had started a hair dying business in my upstairs bathroom and had dyed one boys hair green and another blue. There was never a dull moment when Brooke lived at home. Sometimes I really miss that. Other times I am grateful for the peace. Right now I’d gladly suffer the horror of a pink tub just to have Brookie back home.
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 8:29 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments: