Wednesday, June 6, 2007
Oops, I’m Exhausted

Click on image to enlarge

Yesterday started off chilly and rainy. A good day to see a free movie at our favorite cinema. While Jas was eating her morning bowl of sugar (otherwise known as kids cereal) I went online to see what the free movie was that would be playing that day. That’s when I discovered that the free movie program oesn’t start until NEXT Tuesday. Bummer! Since it was a nasty day, what to do? Off we headed to Michaels for crafts supplies and dollhouse furniture. Then a quick trip to Wally World where I was driven crazy by pleas of toys that were well out of the budget. Jas has a serious case of the gimmes yesterday. I got out of the toy situation by promising lunch at the golden arches of Hell. I may have been better off just buying the toy.


Click on image to enlarge

Yes, lunch at the golden arches was a major sacrifice on my part because not only was it the dreaded grease haven, It was also the one that had the play place in it. Miles and miles of colorful plastic tubular hell. Did you know children’s screams echo to magnanimous proportions when executed in colorful plastic tubes? They do. I happen to know first hand. And may I make a recommendation? Don’t ever look on the floor under the tables in the play place at a golden arches. A pack of wild dogs could eat for a month off the smashed food on the floor of one of those places. And hearing the young mothers call to their offspring, well that was akin to being at the dog park hearing owners call to their errant pooches. Yes, I must admit, I am not a golden arc hers person. And if that means I am considered to be an anti-grease snob, then so be it.

To be quite honest I don’t remember all that we did yesterday. I am so wiped out this afternoon (since Jas left a mere 15 minutes ago) that my brain has turned to mush. I vaguely remember today’s activities. There was the few minutes we spent at my doctors visit, then the trip to Goodwill where we found far too many bargains, next stop the drug store, and then onto Taco Hell where Jas proceeded to eat two bites of her crunchy seven layer thingy before she proclaimed herself full. The hubster says I need to set boundaries before I end up in burn-out by weeks end. I hate to say this, but it may be too later, I am already in burn-out mode. But then I think of the calories I am burning with the extra activities, and the fun we are having (despite the nasty lunches). And I can’t begin to tell you how well I am sleeping at night this week, after the exhaustion by days end. So I guess there are pros and cons to the matter.


Click on image to enlarge

And then there is next Friday. That is vacation! We leave for the coast on Friday afternoon. we've already started packing in anticipation. I can feel the sting of the upcoming sunburn already. Ain’t it great!
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 2:55 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At June 7, 2007 at 6:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Does 'leaving next Friday' mean tomorrow? If so, have a great time. and spit in the ocean for me....

     
  • At June 7, 2007 at 10:32 AM, Blogger MarkD60

    Have a good vacation!
    I just got back and I need another one!

     
  • At June 7, 2007 at 1:15 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Nope, leaving Friday means a week form now Ern. We wish it was tomorrow though.

    Thanks Mark. But how can you say you need a vacation when yuo live on a vacation spot? I know, I know.

     
  • At June 9, 2007 at 11:51 AM, Blogger Sam

    I admit - I never let my kids play in that place. It looked too dreaful. I'm good at saying 'no', though, and my kids always knew I meant it, so aside a few longing glances, they kept their eyes on their chicken nuggets and didn't ask more than once.