Monday, June 4, 2007
Oops, Day One of Summer Vacation



Day One of summer vacation and I am already worn out. Of course it could have something to do with the fact that I only got 2 hours sleep last night. Jas ended up spending the night, which wasn’t a problem. And she ended up sleeping in her bed after all so that was nice. I should have had no problems sleeping, right? Wrong. First the bloody dog kept pacing the room and sighing. Then the hubster started snoring. How strange that he should choose last night to snore because I can count on one hand the number of times he has snored during the thirteen years we have been married. When I would get him to stop snoring then the dog would pace again. Eventually at 5am I went into Jas’s room and shoe-horned myself into her little twin bed. Let it be known, she is a bed hog! I have had the worst back ache all day and have been so tired.

Jas and I started off our day by eating breakfast at the golden arches. Yum, grease on a bun, breakfast of champions. After our grease run we stopped by the post office so I could mail a few things. I don’t want to brag (oh yes I do), but Joe at the express counter, has a little flirting thing going with me. I go to the post office quite often, sometimes as much as five times a week. Somehow I always seem to leave with a smile on my face these days.


Click on image to enlarge

After my harmless flirtation with Joe, we headed on over to Hobby Lobby for craft supplies. We proceeded to purchase paint, wallpaper and felt (to be used as carpeting) for the wooden dollhouse. Then Jas wanted to race home to start papering, carpeting and painting the dollhouse. She had a blast with it and I have to say it looks rather nice. We plan to go to Michaels later in the week to look at dollhouse furniture for it. Once we arrived home the dogs started barking like crazy. It seems there was a loose dog roaming the neighborhood. The self proclaimed faith healer neighbor is chasing it so Jas and I go out to see if she needs help. Turns out it belonged to the guy that lives next door to her. She put the dog in it’s back yard and shut the gate. I spend a few minutes chatting with the faith healer and she tells me about the cool yard sale the new neighbor down the street had on Saturday. That would be the same neighbor that I had bought the dollhouse from. She proceeds to tell me that she bought $45 worth of stuff from the woman because she just couldn’t help herself. Oh I was pissed! Remember she still owes me $44 from the trip to the zoo during spring break. You can’t pay me back but you can buy TV trays and dolls made from air fresheners. Crap, I can feel my blood pressure rising again. Here is the grand finale; she tells this new neighbor her hard luck story about how they can’t make ends meet and the neighbor is going to drop by several boxes of designer dresses on Friday for her to go through and pick out what she wants. Makes me want to go and tell the new neighbor a hard luck story myself. I like designer dresses just as much as the next gal and at least I can afford to go somewhere to wear them, unlike the faith healer.



It rained most of the day, and in fact is raining again right now, so we spent the rest of the day working on the dollhouse, making potholders, playing computer games, eating ice cream and watching Sponge Bob Square Pants. Tomorrow she wants to go to the movies to see Shrek 3 again. It’s free popcorn Tuesday so I guess I wouldn’t be opposed to that.
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 4:00 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At June 4, 2007 at 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Phew! I'm tired just reading all the things you guys did!!!
    But Where oh where did you find that potholder kit? Loops and Loom and tools? Where oh where? (I'm having a second childhood day.)

     
  • At June 4, 2007 at 7:43 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Hi Ern. I got the potholder kit at Meijer. I have seen them at Borders bookstore in the childrens section too. I was afraid I was going to have to give her alot of instruction on how to make a potholder but she whized right through it and had one done in 30 minutes. A born crafter that kid!

     
  • At June 5, 2007 at 5:37 AM, Blogger MarkD60

    I took two weeks vacation, it started raining the same time my vacation started.It stopped the day before I was supposed to go back to work. Work called me back a day early.
    I love Egg McMuffins!

     
  • At June 5, 2007 at 12:20 PM, Blogger Kate

    that sounds like a really fun time, actually. Lazy days of summer--only not actually very lazy. Convince them to sleep until 9, okay?

    My kids get out June 21. Really late!