Sunday, June 3, 2007
Oops, New Neighbors, Ghosts and Summer Plans

Click on above image to enlarge

I met a new neighbor yesterday. I don’t want to jinx things by saying this, but she might actually be normal. I know, who would have thought my neighborhood could ever have a normal person in it? She obviously must have made a wrong turn somewhere. Oh who am I kidding, she is probably just as eclectic as the rest of us on this street. The way I met her was that she was having a yard sale. She must be supermom because she moved in last week and now a week later has a yard sale. Or maybe she is just hard up for money. I bought a wooden dollhouse from her for the low price of only $5. My granddaughter Jas and I will have a fabulous time painting it, hanging wallpaper and putting tiny little furniture in it. I haven’t shown it to Jas yet, but when she arrives Monday morning and sees it she will love it! The really cool part about the new neighbor is that she has a six year old daughter. Now Jas will have someone to play with this summer when I am watching her. Or at least she will for the next two weeks. It seems that the new neighbor and her daughter are going to New Hampshire in two weeks to a summer camp for a month. She said it was a fitness camp. I thought that a little odd since the woman was chunkier than even I am (and that’s pretty darned chunky). Maybe it’s a fat camp and she didn’t want to call it that.



I spent the most fascinating seven hours of my life Friday night watching TV. The Travel Channel aired an episode of Britain’s Most Haunted which was seven hours and totally live. The Most Haunted team was in Philadelphia at one of the most haunted sites in America; Eastern State Penitentiary. I watched from 8:00pm until the show ended at 3:00am. I would sit down and watch it all over again if they aired it again. If you didn’t believe in ghosts after that show then you must be dead yourself. Did any of you catch the show? My biggest regret was that I didn’t go online and look at any of the eight live Web cams they had running in the prison during the show. I tried to go on after the show and they had shut the web cams down. Drat! Plenty of people went to the live web cams though, judging from their messages on the message board that night. And people at home were seeing some pretty scary stuff on the web cams. When the seven hours were up the host of the show Yvette, said that this experience was the scariest one they had ever been on, and believe me they have had some pretty scary experiences. It’s a sad thing when the most exciting experience of my week was a TV show. But there you have it.


Click on image above to enlarge

Speaking of exciting, my exciting, exhausting summer of watching my 6 year old granddaughter starts tomorrow. Or so I thought. My son said he would be dropping her off at 7am tomorrow. That’s a little too early for me so I asked Jas if she would like to spend the night tonight so we could sleep in. She was thrilled! The hubster on the other hand is not so thrilled since he will probably be relegated to sleeping in Jas’s room while Jas bunks with me. One of the drawbacks of grandparenthood. I have been busy planning exciting things for Jas and I to do all summer. Unfortunately I made the mistake of mentioning a couple of those things to the self proclaimed faith healer neighbor and now she wants to come along with her daughter on some of our adventures. I have a feeling we will be sneaking out of the house while the neighbor is still asleep so she can’t tag along. You, however, are more than welcome to tag along, and in fact we insist that you do. Starting tomorrow I will be posting the tales of our adventures each evening along with pictures. Not so much as to entertain you, but more so Jas can look back on it one day and have a reminder of the best summer of her life, the summer she spent with Grandma Daisy. There will be parks to visit, museums, garden tours, playgrounds, matinee movies, swimming, shopping (lots of shopping), crafts, libraries and bookstores, zoos, bike rides down the Moron Trail, girls lunches out, tea parties, and anything else we can think of. So be sure to tune into the same bat channel tomorrow to see how our first day of summer went.
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 2:55 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At June 3, 2007 at 9:53 PM, Blogger Julie

    Oh I want a doll house!! Doesn't matter that my Grand daughter is only 2!! I can always get it ready for her!! I always thought doing one of those would be so much fun... like I need another hobby!!
    I need to watch that Ghost show.. I love watching those kinds of shows. One of these days I will have to tell you about Ed and I's belief that we we have ghosts living with us.. that was one of the main reasons I we moved out of the big house we use to live in.. but they came with us!!! I think they are somewhat friendly.. but then maybe thats just my wishful thinking!!!

     
  • At June 4, 2007 at 12:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Is there any chance you can be my Grandma?

     
  • At June 4, 2007 at 9:08 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Oooohhhhh... you HAVE to tell me about your ghosts Jules. I love a good ghost story. When we toured the battleship North Carolina last May I felt something. I freaked out and had to leave the ship. We found out later that the area I was in when I freaked out was haunted.

    Come on down Phil. There is always room for one more on our day trips.

     
  • At June 4, 2007 at 9:30 AM, Blogger Sam

    Isn't that doll house lovely??

    I used to spend summers with my grandparents. My grandmother would fill up the kiddy wading pool and my sister and I would splash around in it all day. Or we'd go to the lake and play on the sand beach my grandfather built at the camp. I loved staying with them, because it seemed there was always something fun to do.

     
  • At June 4, 2007 at 10:52 AM, Blogger Suzie

    Just stumbled across your blog and wanted to give kudos. I wish my kids had a grandma like you!

     
  • At June 4, 2007 at 1:12 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    It sounds like you have some lovely summertime memories Sam. You'll have to give me some ideas and let me know what kind of things you did at your grandparents.

    Thanks Suzie. Welcome!