Thursday, June 14, 2007
Oops, Another Disgusting Buffet

Click on image to enlarge

What a crazy couple of days. Actually, what a crazy week. There is nothing so hectic as the week that you prepare to go on vacation. Add variables into the mix such as freaky religious zealot neighbors and you have a recipe for disaster. Yesterday Jas and I went out to lunch with the self proclaimed faith healer neighbor and her ten year old daughter. We were supposed to meet at 12:30 to leave for lunch. After a lovely morning at the Miniature Dollhouse Museum in Carmel, Jas and I came home to meet Deb and Hannah. We waited and waited and waited. Finally when we could wait no more (at 1:30pm) we taped a note to the faith healers garage door stating that we went ahead to lunch and then we started driving down the street. Who should turn into the street just then but the faith healer. Drat! Foiled again! It was almost 2pm when we sat down to lunch at what else but a Chinese buffet. I am sure it is no secret that Chinese buffets are the only places the faith healer will eat lunch at. She likes the all you can eat aspect and certainly puts it to the test. Her ten year old annoying daughter proceeds to interrupt the adults conversation every time Deb or I would try to talk to each other. Deb would just look at her like Hannah was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Hannah would tell her to shut up and she would. The part that really stunned me (although it shouldn’t) was when Hannah told me about a book her mother had purchased her the night before of absurd laws. She proceeds to tell me that it is against the law to give a blow job to a man unless it is after 10pm on a Sunday night. She told me some more laws that were just as crude, but my mind was too numb to remember what they were by that point. And her holier than thou mother sat next to her listening to her ten year old daughter talk about blow jobs and just laughed. It was obvious that she worships her daughter and think of her as a friend and not as a parent. It was like eating lunch with 2 ten year olds both with potty mouths.


Click on image to enlarge

Enough about that crazy cow though. Today jas and I had a very nice day. We started out the day by going to a local music store so I could buy a CD for the trip. After that it was lunch at the dreaded Golden Arches. Yes, the one with the playplace that I dread so much. (shiver)


Click on picture to enlarge and see Jas hiding in the Playplace

After lunch (if you want to call it that) we went to the movies and saw Surf’s Up. We really enjoyed that, although I have to say it was pretty predictable, even for a cartoon. The popcorn was good though and in the long run isn’t that what really counts?



On the way home from the movie we stopped by the snow cone stand and got two super duper juicy snow cones. I daresay I could live on snow cones with no problem at all. I’d rather not tell you how many times we went to the snow cone stand last week but if you add last weeks tally with this weeks tally, my frequent eater card is chock full and we are halfway to another free snow cone. And I am proud to say I haven’t gotten brain freeze even one time yet this season. That in itself is a miracle.



Tomorrow we head off to Carolina Beach NC so you may not be hearing from me for a few days. The hotel has wireless internet but I don’t want to take the laptop out in the ocean and I do plan on spending a large part of the time in the ocean. Don’t worry, I’ll eat plenty of crabs, clams and shrimp for you. And pancreas willing I might even have a beer or two. Happy trails!
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 5:52 PM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At June 14, 2007 at 9:15 PM, Blogger Julie

    Hey have a safe trip!1 I wanted to tell you I received the cookbook and it is great. I am ashamed to say I haven't cooked anything out of it yet but I will--I swear!! :-)
    How come I have already got brain freeze at least half a dozen times this summer!! Life is just not fair!!

     
  • At June 14, 2007 at 9:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I hope you have a ton of fun on your vacation. I hope you remain brain freeze free and the pancreas doesn't get you a single little twinge of a problem. Just be careful about the beer, I would hate to hear you taking a tour of the local hospitals (I have done that on my vacation before, I totally do NOT recommend it!) Enjoy the ocean and all the seafood too!
    Hugs,
    Suzi

     
  • At June 15, 2007 at 5:46 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Glad to hear the cookbook arrived safely Jules. And I don't think you are supposed to be cooking in the summer. It is an unwritten law or something.

    Thanks Suzi. Don't worry about the beer, although I would love to have one Mr. Pancreas only lets me talk about having one. That Mr. Pancreas is an abusive master!

     
  • At June 15, 2007 at 7:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Ditto above sentiments!!
    And, please spit in the ocean for me!!

     
  • At June 18, 2007 at 1:48 AM, Blogger Sam

    I hope you have a TERRIFIC vacation!!
    And may your pancreas be nice the whole trip!

     
  • At June 19, 2007 at 5:59 AM, Blogger MarkD60

    It is always after 10 PM on a Saturday night. Last Saturday.

    I trust you will have a terrific VayCay (and I hope you'll post whenever possible)!