Monday, June 11, 2007
Oops, Where is my Back
No, babysitting for my granddaughter hasn’t done me in, but it sure feels like it. My back has been out all week. I don’t know exactly where it went but if you find it will you send my it back to me? All the pain meds in the world can’t help my back right now. Just time and mini massages from short granddaughters will help.

On Thursday Jas didn’t show up. She had spent the night at her friends house and opted to spent the day playing with her. She was back on Friday though. Friday was yard sale day. Whoo-hoo! Ya’ll know I just loves me a good yard sale. It’s not the act of buying that I like, it’s the act of looking through people’s junk. You can learn so much about a person from looking at their cast offs.


Click on image to enlarge

This morning it was Hobby lobby Monday. We had a 40% off coupon which she proceeded to use for her purchase of Mr. Froggy. She had to work for that toy though because she had to stuff him and sew his back up prior to dressing him. She even had to fill put an adoption certificate. This is her third adoption. If she keeps adopting people are going to start calling her Angelina Jolie.


Click on image to enlarge

My heart was broken on Sunday. My eldest came and picked up his dog, Chloe Michelle, to take her home. We had been watching her for 3 weeks while she recovered from her operation when she was fixed. I miss her so much. I am sick of bonding with his pets. It always breaks my heart when they leave. Jas is sort of glad that Chloe Michelle went home finally. She said I was teaching her dog bad habits. I was feeding her gruyere cheese which we all know smells like dirty, sweaty, gym socks. Jas said to me with indignation, “How could you teach my dog to like stinky cheese Gwanma?” I have a feeling Chloe Michelle would have liked stinky cheese with our without my help.


Click on image to enlarge

Speaking of dogs, my daughter, who lives in Germany, has a new gadget for her pooch, Booger. She bought Booger a stroller. I am not sure I poor Booger will be the butt of jokes or the envy of the other dogs. From the pictures she sent I have a feeling Booger likes the stroller. What will they think of next?
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 8:43 AM | Permalink |


6 Comments:


  • At June 11, 2007 at 11:03 AM, Blogger MarkD60

    Hope your back feels better by the time you read this.

    Pic 1: Cute, I always like pics of the Lil' Miss. What's the story of the frog? garage sale item? I have a friend who sales every Saturday. I used to go with her. Sometimes you find scuba gear!

    Pic 2: that dog hates her pink collar and wants a black one with spikes.

    Pic 3: Disgustng. I used to date a girl wo had 2 chows, I hated them.

     
  • At June 11, 2007 at 12:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    pic #3 is a pug and he is lovely; not disgusting.

     
  • At June 11, 2007 at 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Great outfit for Mr. Frog!!! She's certainly got some flair.
    Hmm I had thought you were tiring of Chloe...now you miss her...confusing.
    Happy to see yr daughter's pug riding in style. Ya' know in Germany all good dogs get to go INTO restaurants. Booger will be fussed over. Besides, that stroller might head off any mean ol' German Shepherds that might be looking for a row.
    Hope your back returns before the drive/flight to the coast....best—

     
  • At June 11, 2007 at 4:17 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Thanks Mark, but as of tonight the wayward back is acting up still. I may put it in time-out if it can't behave. The frog is one of those that you put a heart in and stuff and adopt. She adopted Mr. froggy this morning from Hobby Lobby. He is a protector froggy and can kick some mean butt. He takes no prisioners. That's why he has a swat uniform. Don't cross Mr. Froggy! Funny you should mention a black spiked collar. Jas's other dog at her moms house has a black collar with silver spkies on it.

    Amen anonyomous. He's my little Booger Boo and cute as a button.


    Actually Ern, I think the whole German shepard incident might be why Brooke got the stroller. I know she plans on using it when she and Booger go to the welcome home ceremony when Soldier Boy comes home this fall. The hubster said the same thing to me about my missing Chloe. I have to admit I was sneaking her all kinds of goodies behind our dogs back.

     
  • At June 12, 2007 at 11:22 AM, Blogger Mr. Toast

    You know things are getting bad when your back goes out, and when it returns you realize it had a better time than you did.

    Hope you're feeling better!

     
  • At June 17, 2007 at 9:28 PM, Blogger Cindy N.

    Your back must have gone to the same place mine went. One of these, I will learn not to piss my back off, because every time I do, it just leaves! Bye bye back!