Sunday, July 15, 2007
Oops, Romance Stories and Childrens Books
I am in the middle of writing a romance story that has yummy ghosts in it. I am so excited about the story, but where do I find the time to finish writing it? Between making blue raspberry snowcones, playing Barbies, watching Sponge Bob and coloring inside the lines I barely have a minute to myself. In fact, I can't remember the last time I went to the bathroom by myself. Seriously, I have a just turned seven year old reading Captain Underpants stories to me while I try to pee. Is it any wonder I am getting shy bladder?

How do other writers fit their writing into their schedule? Is there a trick to it? Do you get up in the middle of the night when the rest of the house is asleep in order to do your writing? Please, someone share the secret with me.

In addition, I had the great fortunate of being asked to do graphic design and editing on a new Children's book by a fellow author... whose not a fellow by the way. I always thought it was confusing to call your writing peers "Fellows". I digress though.



What a sheer joy! I predict this author will go places. Her Haberdashery and Henry series is going to be another "If you give a Pig a Pancake." Yes, she is THAT good! Keep your ear out for the name Rosemary Lalamas because she is going to be one of the great ones. And I will be able to say "I knew her when." Don't take my word on the books greatness though. Head on over to the books website and read the books description.

http://www.lulu.com/content/1006578
Click on the book to see a ten page preview of it.

Haberdashery and his faithful Airedale Henry are soon parted when a tornado hits. Taken in by Stella Sophie Thoren and her thirteen children, Henry has to choose if he should stay or go back to Haberdashery. Book one of the Haberdashery and Henry series, teaches us the lesson of good hygiene and the importance of family. A delight for any age!

Haberdashery and Henry will be available to the general public in about another week. Right now Rosemary is waiting to receive her "dummy" copy so she can approve it and the ISBN number can be assigned.
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 9:34 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At July 15, 2007 at 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    STEAL time to write when you can. You'll soon find that people think writing is NOT work. They'll ask, "When are you going to get A REAL job." Or they'll say, "You're home all day, surely you have time to....clean house, pull weeds, darn socks... " Sometimes I go for a drive just to get the 'outline' of what I want to write next.

    Glad you're busy, but does that mean I'll have to stand on line for you to help with the graphic design of my nonfiction kid's book?

     
  • At July 15, 2007 at 1:12 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    The scary thing Ern is that sometimes I go to McD's (the one with the dreaded playplace) just so I can sit amid the confusion and write while Jas plays on the equipment wiht the other children that are on similar sugar highs. Anything to get ten minutes of writing time in. Ha ha.

     
  • At July 19, 2007 at 9:57 PM, Blogger Cindy N.

    At the very least keep a pad and pencil with you for when you come up with a thought or idea, so you won't loose it when you actually have the time to sit and write. Keep it all handy. Can't wait to read your book.

     
  • At July 27, 2007 at 2:06 AM, Blogger ShooShoo

    A good book for aspiring writers is Bird by Bird, by Anne Lamott. Ha, I'm one to give advice on writing, huh? But she writes about things like how to find the time... And she's just a great author in general. :) I didn't finish it, so that's my excuse... ;) I look forward to seeing your book too! :)