Tuesday, July 3, 2007
Oops, I’m Bonefied

Click on image to enlarge

July already? Time certainly funs when you’re having flies. Speaking of fun, that was the topic of today during our trip to a certain department store. Jas decided she wanted to ride the pretty pink horsey. We put in our penny (Hey, it’s the Midwest – life is cheap here), and off she rode into the sunset with Gwanma chirping loudly “Aagghh, that horse is trying to buck you off Jas, WATCH OUT!” Yes, people were looking as they walked by. Yes, they thought I was waiting for the short bus. Yes, I probably was waiting for the short bus.


Click on image to enlarge

One of our purchases at Meijer’s was a huge pack of sparklers. You can’t have 4th of July without sparklers, everyone knows that! We couldn’t wait until 4th of July, or that matter even until dark. So off we went to the back yard, when we got home, to light up some sparklers. The doggies love it when Jas is around and hover around her because not only does she drop food accidentally, but she also gives doggie back rubs. (I’m not kidding on that one either). When her sparkler lit up though those dogs were out of there like a shot. I think I got a bigger kick out of watching the dogs freak out than I did of watching the sparklers sparkle.

Something exciting happened yesterday. I mean really exciting. I am talking “pee your pants” exciting. The local Borders here put five copies of my book on their shelves. They put two in the local authors section and three in the cooking section. I feel bonefied!
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 12:03 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At July 3, 2007 at 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    OOOHHHH hats, horns and confettii!!! Three cheers for the 'local author'. BTW I dont wanna see a pix of the outside of Borders...I want to see the inside..**the shelf** holding **your book** ' Come on, it'll be even better than the picture of the sponge bob ice cream cake. . .

     
  • At July 4, 2007 at 6:48 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Actually I did think about doing that Ern. I bet I will be one of those people that visit the bookstore several times a week to see if any of my books have sold. LOL

     
  • At July 4, 2007 at 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Trust me, if I lived nearby, I'd be at Border's with bells on to clear the shelves. Oh and I'd mooch some sparklers from you. Ya' know they're illegal here. [which doesn't stop lots o'people from driving your way, loading up, and then setting off M80's (equivlent of 1/4 pound of dynamite) at midnite.] My poor doggies!

     
  • At July 6, 2007 at 10:42 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    If anyone is windering why I haven't posted anything - I can't get my new blog entries to show up. Weird. I guess blogger must be having issues again. Oh well, you get what you pay for.