Wednesday, August 8, 2007
Oops, I wrote a childrens book
You must have thought I ran away. I wish I had some days. It has been an incredibly busy summer and I am shocked to realize it is over and that school starts next week. So much has been happening.

First of all, most recently there was the concussion I have. Almost two weeks ago I got a concussion grocery shopping. It could only happen to me. I was putting groceries in the SUV’s hatchback style trunk, and went to slam it down. Somehow my head was in the way and I ended up slamming it into my head, knocking myself out briefly. As I said, it could only happen to me. And speaking of misfortunate things, I am still in the midst of that damnable IRS audit and am ready to move to a third world country. At least in those places you know you don't have any rights. Here they pretend that you do have rights while you actually don't. It's like dangling a carrot in front of a horses nose.


Click on bookcover to enlarge

Other exciting news is I have a new book out. It’s a children’s book. And even better news about the book is it is co-authored with my seven year old granddaughter Jas. It is titled A Pony Named Penny and ya’ll should rush right out and buy it. It won’t hit the bookstore for two more weeks, but it is available online now. You can see a preview of A Pony Named Penny at http://stores.lulu.com/daisy8972.

It's kind of late and I still have a headache from my head injury so I will keep this post short. And I promise to the blogger Gods to start posting more regularly again. Hail to thee oh blogger Gods. LOL
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 8:10 PM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At August 9, 2007 at 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Great, Great, Great --Not the bump on the head. (Some deck lids are so heavy it's a wonder people don't lose their heads...literally) But great that you and Jas did a book together. From all the things you've blogged about her, it's clear she's imaginative and quite a saavy 7 yr old. Boy, just wait till the teacher asks the class to tell 'What I did on my summer vacation" She'll mop the floor up with any contenders

     
  • At August 9, 2007 at 6:34 PM, Blogger Mary

    My grandfather did that back in the day with the hatchback on his station wagon. :( Hope you feel better soon, darling.

    Congratulations on the book! You rock!!

     
  • At August 10, 2007 at 12:45 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    I bet she'll feel like the school celebrity Ern. Definately the youngest author in Indiana I bet!

    So I'm not the only one who shuts their head in trunks, eh? I am glad, but sad to hear that Mary. Thanks for the congrats on the book!

     
  • At August 12, 2007 at 2:16 AM, Blogger ShooShoo

    Congratulations on the book! That is so so cool! :)

     
  • At September 6, 2007 at 8:36 PM, Blogger Cindy N.

    Gosh, 2 books now! Now I can really say I personally know a published author....and her granddaughter. LOL Congrats to you girl. You really know how to grab the bull by the horns. I need lessons.