Friday, August 17, 2007
Oops, Bad News

Click to enlarge

My son in law, (known as Soldier Boy to some of you) who has been on a Tour Of Duty for the last 13 months in Iraq was air-lifted out of Baghdad to the green zone for surgery due to a staff infection. We found out today that he is currently in the "green zone" and is being flown to a hospital in Landstuhl Germany.

My daughter lives in Schweinfurt Germany on an Army base that is 3 hours from Landstuhl. A Sgt is driving her to the hospital in Landstuhl as soon as Soldier Boy hits German soil. She will be staying on the base in Landstuhl for several days while he undergoes an operation on his arm for the staff infection. It's a little confusing to me, but she said that he will be getting an MRI when he gets to Landstuhl, followed by a surgery. She doesn't know what kind yet as it depends upon the MRI, but he will definitely have the balls removed from his arm that were placed there some years ago and possibly something else. I know, balls in the arm? I had to giggle at that too. I'm trying not to let my weird sense of humor run amuk. Bear with me people. LOL

In all seriousness, please keep Ben and Brooke in your prayers. Things are pretty scary right now.
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 7:14 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments: