Monday, October 29, 2007
Oops, we got a Boo-Boo


The moral of the story is when your hubster tells you he doesn’t feel like going to buy firewood, don’t push him to do it. You may regret it. And oh do we regret it.

On Saturday evening the hubster painted one of the bedrooms in preparation for putting our home on the market for our upcoming move to Maryland. On Sunday he wanted to finish up the room but I wasn’t having any of that. We need to get out of the house and take a drive in the country to see the Fall colors, I said. So lets drive to Noblesville and buy a rick of firewood for our woodstove/fireplace. I pushed and pushed and finally got my way (was there any doubt. So there we were… stopped in a line of traffic on Allisonville road on our way to buy firewood. We had been sitting there about a minute when all of a sudden… BAM!

A young woman in her late teens rear ended us as we were stopped. She hit us going between 50 - 60 MPH the policeman said. Her car is totaled. To look at her car you would be amazed that she wasn’t killed. She didn't get a scratch on her though. She was lucky. She had been driving her boyfriends car which he had just bought the day before! I bet he is mad. Our bumper saved our lives. Say what you will about SUVs but Nissan builds a darn good automobile which probably saved our lives. We'll need a new bumper obviously, but it could have been much worse.

The hubster and I are okay, just in alot of pain and bruised and banged up. They took me to the hospital in an ambulance but the hubster was stubborn and refused to be treated. He drove our banged up SUV to the hospital and sat in the room complaining about how bad he hurt. His back is hurting as is his neck and his ankle. My back and neck hurt too. Needless to say we'll be lying around the house for awhile. I don't think we'll be hauling any firewood anytime soon.

Like I said, things could have been much worse. I think we'll be okay in a week or so, after the soreness leaves. The hubster’s ankle isn't broken or anything, not even really sprained. Just pretty sore because I think he slammed his foot on the brake to keep us from hitting the woman in front of us when we were propelled forward. And we didn't hit the woman in front of us thanks to his quick thinking. You know what that nasty cow did though? As soon as she realized there had been a major accident right behind her she took off like a bat out of hell. What a mean nasty person. She didn't even bother to see if anyone was hurt or to call 911 or anything. Mean people! Karma is going to bite her in the ass I bet!

As I said we are sore but okay and the car is driveable. The accident was all the woman's fault so her boyfriends insurance will be fixing our car and paying for my ambulance ride. It was a disappointing ambulance ride too because they never put the lights or siren on! The hubster got to follow the ambulance though so that was neat, according to him. Frankly I wish we had just stayed home and finished painting the bedroom. See what I get for being pushy?
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 11:02 AM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At October 29, 2007 at 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    What's with all the car accidents this weekend? There were a couple of really, really, really! bad ones this weekend up here. There wasn't a full moon or anything.
    Glad you're okay, though. Glad you didn't have Little Miss along, that would have been a real stresser.

    Is this gonna be one of those things that's gonna come up everytime you and Hubster disagree on what to do?

     
  • At October 30, 2007 at 9:32 PM, Blogger Mary

    I would NEVER have lived that one down if that were R and I. LOL

     
  • At October 31, 2007 at 3:21 AM, Blogger Sam

    Oh how awful!!!!
    That happened to us at a red light once. This idiot just hurtled right into us - never saw the light (or our car, evidently)
    I was sitting in the back seat and got most of the shock - scared the beejesus out of me. Anyway - Happy Halloween! You've had your fright!

     
  • At October 31, 2007 at 10:47 AM, Blogger Tracy Lynn

    Jesus, Daisy, I don't check in for two days and look at you!

    Glad you aren't seriously hurt.

     
  • At November 2, 2007 at 6:31 PM, Blogger Mr. Toast

    Ouch! Your post most certainly rated an "oops" today. Hope your bumps and bruises heal quickly and I am so glad it wasn't more serious.