Sunday, October 28, 2007
Oops, heartbreaking news



I’ve been too depressed to post on my blog lately. Actually I have to say, it’s been a rather shitty year. Several weeks ago we discovered that our dog, Moose, has a particularly nasty form of cancer that is terminal. He has Anal sac carcinoma. He has a few weeks to at best a couple of months. And from what we have been witnessing with him, his time is very limited. It’s so, so sad and heartbreaking. I feel so guilty. Why? Because the way a dog gets this type of cancer is due to the fact they haven’t been neutered. It happens generally to male dogs that haven’t been neutered and occurs when they are ten or eleven years old. Moose is eleven. Early in his life I was the one that fought against having him neutered. That’s why I feel so guilty. If only I had know. So if you have a male dog, make sure you get him neutered. Even if he is 8 or 9 years old it’s not too late, get him neutered today! Believe me, you don’t want to end up with the guilt and sadness I have.
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 10:44 AM | Permalink |


5 Comments: