Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Oops, It’s Halloween


Happy Halloween! My Halloween will be spent at the movie theater this afternoon with a friend and in front of the fireplace with a cup of hot tea and gingerbread cookies tonight. No fear of trick or treaters in our neighborhood as we haven’t had one since 2004. That’s fine by me because I love milky way bars, which is what I happened to purchase in case we do get a trick or treater.



I don’t know if it is my drugged haze from being medicated with pain killers (due to the car accident) or if it is the Fall weather inspiring me, but I am suddenly and overwhelmingly full of desire to make French foods. I don’t quite understand why. Last night I made the most divine Ratatouille. I made it just like it looked in the movie of the same name. I had never made it before. It was absolutely mouthwatering. If you want the recipe email me and I’ll send you the link. I can't take credit for the picture as it was from the same place I found the recipe (Smitten Kitchen) but I have to say mine looked just as good. My next cooking adventure will be with Cassoulet I think, if I can find a good recipe. If anyone has a good recipe for Cassoulet please email it to me.
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 8:23 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At November 1, 2007 at 12:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    mmmmm so good to see pix of food here, again. I've got a great cassolet RX hiding in my pantry. I've got to review final pages for the next couple of days...but I'll hunt for it over the weekend.

    Oh my," she exclaims, her breath smoking the windowpane, "it's fruitcake weather!"

     
  • At November 1, 2007 at 8:52 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    What? A Cassolet recipe Ern? You've got to sent it when you find it!!! I'll even take some pictures of it when I cook it! Even though you scared me by saying that F word (fruitcake).
    ;-)

     
  • At November 3, 2007 at 9:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Yum, that looks delish. When you make the cassoulet, take pics.

     
  • At November 5, 2007 at 7:02 AM, Blogger Sam

    I have a recipe - but it's long and hard to make. I've only had it a couple times. I'll see if I can find the recipe for you!


    Here is something to do with ratatouille - fold it into an omelette. It's a basque recipe called a 'piperade'.
    Yum!