Wednesday, November 7, 2007
Oops, The Kitchen is Closed

(click on image to enlarge)


Just when you thought it was safe to go in the kitchen again… the attack of the killer squash hits. Yes, I made ratatouille again. But I had an excuse, the movie Ratatouille was released this week on DVD. It would be all the same if there had been a movie named Porkchop released, or a movie named Beef Stew. Besides, I am in a cooking mood...or…I…was. It may come as no secret to those who know me (and a few of you certainly do) that I enjoy cooking, particularly in the colder months. I polished my calaphon cookware in anticipation of the cooking season. I dusted off gourmet cookery books. I sharpened my chef’s knife. In other words, I am ready to cook! It would seem we are forgetting one tiny little fact though. I can sum it up in two words; car accident. Remember the car accident I was in on October 28th? Would you believe I still feel like death warmed over? I do and it isn’t a nice feeling. Last night’s ratatouille and lamb chop dinner was very painful to stand in the kitchen and cook, due to my sore, aching back and stiff, swollen neck. Tonight I tried to stand in the kitchen to julienne celery, carrots, onion and beef but it wasn’t happening. Eventually I managed of course and the hubster finished up by cooking the Stirfry for me. But I have decided I am not going to push my sore body anymore. The kitchen is closed for the next week so the cook can get recuperate. My biggest problem will be to decide if I call out for pizza or Chinese takeout.

In other news Saturday is going to be a dark day for me. I am not looking forward to it. My birthday is on Saturday. I am afraid that people aren’t going to believe that I am twenty nine this year, which is just as well because I am actually 3133….35….29. Birthdays suck!
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 7:58 PM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At November 8, 2007 at 3:46 AM, Blogger Sam

    Your ratatouille looks delicious - and isn't vidoe jug great? LOL
    I want to try the Indian recipes - they look delicious. I love nan bread - so I might try that.
    I hope yuo feel better - it sounds like you really got a huge bang on the back and neck. As my doctor woud say - rest, rest!
    Hahaha.
    :-)

     
  • At November 8, 2007 at 6:55 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Oh I absolutely love Videojug Sam. Thanks so much for sending that link to me. It is very addictive!

     
  • At November 8, 2007 at 7:24 AM, Blogger MarkD60

    I know you're only going to be 29, anybody asks, tell them to ask me!

    Your blog makes me hungry!

     
  • At November 8, 2007 at 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Arrgh know what you mean about standing and chopping, mincing, dicing...it get to be more like hopping, wincing and dieing. I find that now I do the prep in little stints and then go back to work/writing in between.
    Luv seeing food pix again.

     
  • At November 8, 2007 at 1:18 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Thanks Mark, I knew I could count on you! And wait till I get my Flickr up, I have a category of nothing but food.

    I thought I was the only one that had to cook in stages Ern. Tonights tasty delight is pizza! Hurry, no standing over the stove for me. But unfortunately I have to drive to pick it up. Oh the injustice.