Thursday, November 8, 2007
Oops, Good Friends Feed You


Good friends are hard to find, especially good friends that take you out to nice Italian restaurants for a birthday lunch to celebrate your 29th birthday (again). But fortunately I have good friends and one of them (pictured above) did take me out for a birthday lunch at a nice Italian restaurant today.

Sometimes I am a little behind the times. For instance, I kept my beta recorder until they stopped selling Beta tapes for it before I would upgrade to a VCR. I have held off getting a Flickr account for years until yesterday. At first I thought I would wait to announce it until I finished putting my zillion pictures up on it, but now I am thinking, of what the heck. So I invite ya’ll to check out my Flickr page as often or as little as you like. Now to figure out how to link it on here. The address of my Flckr page is http://www.flickr.com/photos/terrispics/ but you can also access it now by clicking on the Flickr link on the sidebar.



I have wonderful, wonderful news. I went to my favorite coffee shop for an after lunch coffee and guess what yummy seasonal drink is now available? Just the best coffee drink on the planet, Eggnog Lattes! I recommend a dollop of whipped cream on top with a dusting of nutmeg. If that drink doesn’t make you think “holidays” you are beyond hope. And not to scare you or anything, but I think I will be putting my Christmas Village on the mantle this weekend. Darn, I’ve gone and done it haven’t I? I scared you didn’t I?
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 1:52 PM | Permalink |


8 Comments:


  • At November 8, 2007 at 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    well, I'd say I was scared, but I've already gone through a quart of eggnog this season! It was probably the first off the line. Cripe 3 weeks before thnksgvng!
    So, bring on the mantle piece, what the hey. It'd be the only thing xmasssy in my place. Too broke to 'do' xmas this year!

     
  • At November 10, 2007 at 2:42 AM, Blogger Sam

    This year is going to be a thrifty Christmas - we're decorating with all the ivy I've weeded out of my back yard, lol!

     
  • At November 10, 2007 at 2:42 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    I'm going to do the deed tommorrow Ern, the christmas village goes up (Sunday). I'll take some pictures for you. (while I drink the quart of eggnog I bought today)

    You could sell your ivy and be rich Sam. Throw a few red bows in the ivy and you have designer christmas decorations. LOL

     
  • At November 11, 2007 at 9:38 PM, Blogger Cindy N.

    I am glad you had a nice lunch for your birthday with your friend. We do that here too with our friends. We all get together and take each other to lunch of our choice. It's fun. HAPPY BIRTHDAY girl! I saw that you are still 29. Funny, I am too! I've been 29 for a loonnnnngngggg time.
    Sorry that I kept missing you, but I will catch you sometime this week.

     
  • At November 12, 2007 at 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    OMG I can't believe I forgot your birthday! I am so sorry what a lousy friend I am!!! Now I am so flustered I forgot my google password.. geez what a mess!! Happy Belated birthday!!
    Jules

     
  • At November 13, 2007 at 7:59 AM, Blogger MarkD60

    I saw my first Christmas-decorated store last week. The first trickle of the annual avalanche.

    I wish I was still 29.

     
  • At November 14, 2007 at 6:54 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Happy belated birthday darling! Don't think of it as late, think of it as early for next year!!

     
  • At November 14, 2007 at 7:57 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone. I can hardly wait until next year when I turn...29!