Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Oops, They are life suckers



I am an angry person. At least lately I am. I am angry at family members who take advantage of me and annoying the living piss right out of me. Mainly my sons. One of them can’t stay out of jail. I think the longest he has ever been out of jail in the last 12 months is 2 weeks. For example, he just got out of jail seven days ago and is going back to jail tomorrow to serve a 45 day sentence for underage drinking. They don’t normally give you jail time for underage drinking but when you have been caught 5 times in the last 11 months they tend to get a little tough on you. Then there is the other son which I seriously doubt still has a job since he seems to have the time to stop by my house every 20 minutes during the day and take over my computer. I want to run away from home (taking my laptop with me) and tell neither of these family members where I am going. They are life suckers and will suck the life and joy right out of you if you let them. And they wonder why the hubster and I are moving out of state. Yes, it is to get away from them. I won’t be leaving a forwarding address! AAGGHHHH!!!!!!



In other disappointing news, I had every intention of starting my holiday baking today. I was going to make up the dough for my world famous gingerbread men as well as making the first Chex mix batch of the season. Would you believe we have some sort of leak and the hubster shut off the water this morning before he went to work. I didn’t bother asking him what sort of leak or how bad it was because honestly I didn’t want to know. There are some things I am better left in the dark about and plumbing is one of them. In the meantime amuse yourself with a picture (above) of last years Gingerbread cookies.

Guess what happened to me yesterday? I was recognized! No, not by a summons server, by someone in the drugstore. They stopped me and asked me how cookbook sales were. It seems this person had read the article in October’s Carmel Magazine where they interviewed me about my cookbook Cooking With Friends. How cool!
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 10:03 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments: