Saturday, February 9, 2008
Oops, My Light Bulb is on


A light bulb went off in my head today. Actually It was Sam’s fault. I went on her photo blog page this afternoon and a brilliant idea hit me. (Don’t worry, it didn’t leave a scar.) I have decided that when we move to Maryland (soon) I am going to start a photo blog page! I know, it’s exciting, isn’t it? Wasn’t that worth getting out of bed for? Did you know I used to be a semi-amateur freelance photographer? It’s true. I had 14 pictures on the front page of my hometown newspaper in 1992 – 1993. I would scan in a few copies of the newspaper my pictures (and photo credits) were on, but my scanner has long since been packed up and now is sitting in the storage shed in our back yard awaiting the move.


(click on image to enlarge)

One of the great things about the area of Maryland that we are moving to are the wildlife refuges they have there and the abundance of wildlife, both winged and four legged varieties. In a way I am getting anxious to start our new lives there. In another way...well...

Although, if you were a certain real estate agent, I would tell you that I would rather have this house sit empty than let you sell it. We had a showing at 2pm today. It was a scam. It was a no named real estate agent trying to drum up business. He left several of his business cards on our kitchen counter to try and steal our business from our current agent and (here is what really pissed me off) he tracked mud and leaves all over our new carpet and freshly scrubbed kitchen floor. Just left huge clods of mud and leaves there. Also, I keep a candy dish of miniature candy bars on the kitchen island. That rude ass ate every frigging candy bar out of the candy dish (a full bag) except for 2 miniature Mr. Goodbars. And you know what he did to add insult to injury? He left the candy wrappers all over the kitchen. What a rude jackass. I am still ticked off about it. I called my real estate agent and complained about it. She is going to put in the agent notes that people have t take off their shoes in our foyer from now on. I’d like to find out where Mr. Rude lives so I can go through his house throwing candy paper all over and tracking mud on the floors. Gggrrrrrr...
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 1:45 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At February 9, 2008 at 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    If he's a real realtor, he belongs to the National Association of Realtors. Report him. They've got their hands full with people using buyowner.com. They'll do what they can to keep a spiffy image.
    Photography a great idea. Get a (digitial) portfolio together and hit up a nature photo agency. They take a cut but your photos get seen by potential buyers. I can give you agency names when you're ready. (That's how photos get in my books.)

     
  • At February 10, 2008 at 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hi Oopsy...just got your message on my blog. If you're moving to the Eastern Shore of Maryland, you're better off than living on the Eastern Shore of Virginia. Maryland's side is cleaner, but you pay more taxes from what I understand. Which part are you moving to? You'll fall in love with Assateague. Actually, Assateague stretches from Maryland to Virginia and that's where we're moving in a couple of weeks. Actually Chincoteague. I'll be posting pictures tomorrow, but it'll give you an idea of what you can expect on the Maryland side, too. Never been to Indianapolis, but I have lived in Illinois briefly and it's similar as far as being flatland. Tell me where you're moving and I'll give you more details about the place. Like I said, the Maryland side you'll enjoy more...has more things to do and more opportunities - shopping, etc...

     
  • At February 14, 2008 at 8:20 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    My real estate agent called him and he said he was "previewing" the property. she told him that he needed to take his shoes off before he entered someones home with new carpet again because he tracked mud all over the place. What a jackass. He's lucky the mud came out!