Saturday, February 23, 2008
Oops, I'm Depressed

(click on image to enlarge)

Oddly enough I am depressed. I can’t imagine why I would be depressed. I am about to embark on a new life in a new area of the country, when if my house ever sells. If it doesn’t? I guess I’ll be sitting here in this empty house gathering cobwebs on my person. And the fact that the skies keep pelting me with snow each and every day doesn’t help my depression any. No, not at all. What I am really depressed about is that another home sold yesterday, just 2 blocks away. It was much smaller than ours, I mean a lot smaller. And it did not have some of the nicer things that ours does. The kitchen looked horrible and was really tiny. But yet it sold after being on the market for 2 weeks. Ours will have been on the market one month as of tomorrow. Yes, I have good reason to be depressed. The hubster, he gets to start his new life in seven days. My life is in limbo until this damned house sells.


(click on image to enlarge)

In fact, the hubster is packing as I write this. He flies out next Saturday to start his new job in Maryland, while I sit in this big empty house alone. Well, not quite alone. I’ll have a stinky dying dog with me. Who, I might add, will most likely go into a decline once the hubster leaves, and pass away shortly thereafter. I always get stuck with the dirty work. I remember when Moose first started acting sick. I was the one who had to take him to the vet and hear the news that our doggie has terminal cancer. It’s the same when he needed to go to the boarder when we go on vacations, I am the one who has to drop him off. So when we pick the dog up, I am the one he is mad at for leaving him at the boarder in the first place. Yes, I get stuck with the shit jobs.

We are meeting friends for dinner tonight. It will most likely be the last time we see them, in this state at least. They have promised that they will come to visit. And they very well may, but somehow I doubt it. You know how you promise to stay in touch, but never do. It’s no ones fault, we all just get busy with our lives and the next thing we know it’s been ten years since we’ve seen our good friends. Just a fact of living I suppose. And Monday we are going to a town an hour away to see a good friend who was the wife of the hubster’s father’s best friend. The hubster’s father and this woman’s husband were in the Navy together. They were lifelong friends even up to their deaths. Both died at an early age unfortunately. We always enjoy spending time with Charlotte, but it was apparent to us over the phone, that she is failing. Each winter seems to be harder and harder on her. This is probably her last Winter in fact. So sad. Now I’m really depressed.
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 10:33 AM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At February 23, 2008 at 3:07 PM, Blogger Sam

    (((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))

    I don't know what else to say.
    My mom always says, 'It's always darkest just before it goes completely black.' OK - she has a sick sense of humor.
    ;-)
    She finally rented her house - not what you want to hear, right? But she'd already bought a new one and had to make payments, so, after 6 months on the market, she finally rented it. She's pretty happy about it after all. The real estate agent takes care of everything, and she's more optimistic.
    I'd love to come visit you in Maryland! My daughter and I are planning to vist a friend in York, PA, and that's not too far away. Last year, we went to Baltimore for dinner and to see the harbor. Will you be far from Baltimore?
    Oh, and thank you for the kind comments on my blog! I'm just goofing around. It's the sequel to a thriller I wrote and haven't published yet, lol.
    Oh well!
    If you want to beta read my first thriller (with Rachel in it) just let me know.
    Thanks!

     
  • At February 23, 2008 at 8:24 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Thanks Sam. Maybe thats what we will do in the end, rent it. I'd rather have the $$$ but you have to do what you have to do. We will be just 1 1/2 hours from Baltimore! We will definately have to get togeather when you go to PA. And yes, I would still LOVE to be a beta reader!!!

     
  • At February 24, 2008 at 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    sorry you feel so down. Will cookies to help cheer you up?

     
  • At February 24, 2008 at 12:12 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Ern, cookies would cheer anybody up!!!