Friday, February 22, 2008
Oops, My Neighbors Suck

(click on image to enlarge)

And it snowed, and snowed, and snowed. And the band played on. I swear I feel like I’m on the Titanic and rapidly going down. People don’t get in a house buying mood in the snow and the snows just won’t seem to stop. Last night the hubster and I went to our favorite Cajun joint for Gumbo and Etouffee. When we came out our car was covered with snow, again. This stuff won’t stop.


(click on image to enlarge)

As if the snow wasn’t making it hard enough to sell our house, we have the neighbors. Yesterday we had another showing. The hubster and I were parked on Vali Drive again, at our vantage point where we could see the house and see how long they stayed in the house. When I saw the couple get out of their car I instantly knew they were the ones. I knew she would love the kitchen and he would love the workshop. I knew they would stay in the house a long time and I knew they would be making an offer. I don’t know how I knew, I just knew. I don’t get those feelings often, but when I do they are usually right. They did stay in the house for 31 minutes. And they were the only buyers that ever turned off all the lights. That, in my mind, gave them a vested interest in the house. It meant that in their sub-conscious they had already taken ownership of the house. Then we got the feedback from their visit. I’ll paste the actual feedback below;

My client likes the home and asked me to place on their list of potentials. The interior of the homes shows very well, pass along my compliments to the owner. The neighborhood had less appeal with the home across the street with two very barking dogs that wanted to come over the fence at us...Also nice job on the special feature signs. Hope to show a second time in the coming weeks.

See, we’ll never get rid of this house. Barking dogs SUCK and so do low class trashy neighbors! It seems that all the feedback we get isn’t about the house, it’s about the neighbors. This sucks. The hubster is moving to Maryland next week and I’ll be stuck in this house waiting for it to sell, for the rest of my life, or until gas prices come down. Which ever comes first. And we all know gas prices aren’t coming down. Wanna buy a house?
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 4:52 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At February 22, 2008 at 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    does that mean those people came to see the house on the 19th???
    watch for them out the window...they'll probably drive by once or twice
    keeping my fingers crossed for you

     
  • At February 22, 2008 at 3:13 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    No, they came to see the house on Feb 21st. Seems the sister in laws prediction that the house would sell on the 19th wasn't quite accurate. :-(