Sunday, February 24, 2008
Oops, I Need Patience


The hubster and I met friends last night for dinner at Red Robin. Other than over loading on beef and onion rings, we had a great time. I am going to miss our friends here in the Midwest. We stayed at the restaurant for three hours, eating, drinking, and having fun. When the waitress brought the bill both the hubster and our friends went to grab it. I kicked the hubster under the table to let him know not to take the bill. He thought I meant I wanted him to take the bill and he not only grabbed it, but also left a very generous tip. Believe me, you don’t want to know what the bill came to. I need to work on my kicking signals with the hubster. When I kick you in the leg, that means cease all activity, especially activities which involve grabbing dinner checks. Read and learn men, read and learn.



And speaking of the hubster, today his job is packing up the garage. I’ve only been after him for a month to do that. I told him if I did it I would throw everything away. I would too. I mean, the man has every conceivable size of nail, screw, nut or bolt that you has ever been made. Do we really need to move them all seven hundred miles with us? I don’t think so. But apparently he does. His garage packing started at 9am today. Here it is 4pm and he is not even halfway through packing the garage. He did have a detour I admit. He accidentally let off the fire extinguisher in the hall coat closet. Don’t ask me how, I am still wondering that myself. I can tell you this though, it was a Gawd awful mess! It took him two hours to clean it up. (Notice I didn’t say ME. I was having no part of it). Part of me is going to miss him when he leaves for Maryland on Saturday, but another part is going to relish the peace and quiet.

I received an email from my sister in law this morning. You know she said my house was going to sell on February 19th? Well she has a reason why it didn’t sell on the day she said it would. She says that it is my fault that the house hasn’t sold and that the house will never sell until I learn my lesson. She quoted something from an Edgar Casey book? And she said the Gods are trying to teach me patience and I am not learning. Therefore the house will not sell until I wise up and start listening to the Gods. Gee, and I thought all you had to do was stick a for sale sign in your front yard. She even called me ‘Missy’. Hmph!
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 12:46 PM | Permalink |


5 Comments:


  • At February 25, 2008 at 4:59 AM, Blogger Sam

    The gods? Which gods are those? The gods of patience and house sales? I wonder what one sacrifices to those particular gods...
    Maybe sister-in-laws? Any handy volcanos around you can push her into while chanting a prayer?

    :-D
    Did the e-mail book get to you all right?

     
  • At February 25, 2008 at 6:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I remember you having lots of patience!! Its okay if it doesn't sell-- I will just come up and stay with you.. then you know the Gods won't be on your side.. !! We all know what a bad influence I am!! :-) Sorry I can't log in as I forgot my password!!!
    Jules

     
  • At February 26, 2008 at 6:11 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Sam, I got the book a-ok. Thanks! I am halfway through it and LOVE it! This is going to be a good one! Now, where is that volcano? I may need it.

    Hi Jules, you are welcome to camp out with me in this almost empty house anytime. Maybe that's what the "gods" are trying to tell us. LOL

     
  • At February 26, 2008 at 5:31 PM, Blogger Cindy N.

    Patience!? I sometimes wonder about your SIL. You will have new friends in the East. I am sure of that. You and GMan are great folks! Fun folks! I think I will join you and Jules!

     
  • At February 27, 2008 at 5:58 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Come on down Cindy, there is always room for one more!