Tuesday, April 15, 2008
Oops, Napped By The Faith Healer
I’ve been doing pretty well for the last month at dodging the self proclaimed faith healer neighbor. I was getting proud of my self. What is it they say; pride goeth before a fall. And fall I did. When I got home today I am sitting in the Pathfinder, turning the radio down, putting my bottle of water in my purse, etc. The usual stuff you do before you get out of the vehicle. Suddenly I head a tapping at the window. Damn it. It was the self proclaimed faith healer neighbor. She wanted me to go to lunch with her tomorrow. Fortunately I am busy tomorrow so it was easy to come up with an excuse rather quickly. Whew! Dodged a speeding bullet on that one. Then she proceeds to tell me that she wanted me to go out to lunch with her last week but wasn’t able to ask because they had no money. She doesn’t write how much she spends in her checkbook. Doesn’t balance it or anything. So she is always bouncing checks as a result. Last week she had over $400 in bounced check fees alone. And on top of that she had to pay a $180 speeding ticket. So what does she do this morning now that she has finally brought her checking account up current? She heads off to Goodwill to buy more junk. I swear I don’t know where she puts it all. Her house looks worse than the house on Sanford and Son. Yes, I’m dating myself by making reference to that show but so what, I’m old, get over it.


(Click on image to enlarge)

I woke up this morning with an incredible sinus headache so I know Spring is here finally. I get horrible seasonal allergies. I should be on Allergra D but I got fed up with having to pay $50 a month just to be able to breathe so I stopped taking it last year. So get this; snow flurries last Saturday and Sunday and down to 30 degrees last night. What is today? Seventy degrees. Yes, seventy bloody degrees. This has been one of the worst years for weird weather patterns I can ever remember. And apparently Maryland isn’t faring much better. According to the hubster they are getting hit with the same kind of weird weather, only not as severe as the Midwest. Don’t you hate bloggers that talk about the weather?


(Click on image to enlarge)

But while I am on the subject of the weather, since it was such a beautiful day guess what I did today? I cut the back yard! I am so proud of myself! I didn’t even get out of breath. I knew giving up my 4 pack a day habit would pay off. (just kidding, it was only two packs a day and it was ten years ago). I had a bit of difficulty getting started. (the lawn mower, not the smoking). Finally I was able to get it started and made a couple of passes on the yard only to discover that the deck was set too high and it wasn’t cutting anything. In the long run it all worked out well though and our back yard is rocking! I might do the front yard tomorrow. Or maybe I’ll give it another week, because it isn’t as tall as the back yard was. Odd how that works.


(Click on image to enlarge)

Now I am wiped out from all the activity of the day, but feeling very accomplished. I feel so great in fact, that I indulged in my addiction for the rest of the afternoon. Yes, I am an addict. A game addict that is. I am addicted to a PC game called Bud Redhead. I have mastered all twenty levels long ago and now work at achieving the perfect score (which I accomplished several times recently). Now I have a new addiction. Diner Dash. I am a waitress in a dive and now have worked my way up to a Tiki joint where I appease my customers with Tiki drinks when I am too slow with their food. Damn those addictions. Damn those inpatient customers. Now if you’ll excuse me I have a restaurant to run.
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 3:59 PM | Permalink |


0 Comments: