Monday, April 14, 2008
Oops, I Freaked Him Out

(click on image to enlarge)

How do you freak your hubby out when you are separated by 700 miles? Don’t answer the phone when he expects you to be home. It started on Saturday night. Scott and Leslie were coming over the next day so I could do their taxes. “Come over for breakfast” I offered. After all, I DO make the world’s best Belgium waffles. So off I go late Saturday night to the Meijer to buy breakfast fixings. Scotts a good eater so I knew he would want bacon and eggs along with the waffles. The hubby happens to call me on the cell Saturday night as I am on the way home from the grocery. “What you are doing out at 9pm on a Saturday night?” he asked. “I thought you would be home watching a chick flick at this hour of night.” (I had rented both Bridget Jones movies for the weekend.) I explain that I am making breakfast for Scott and Leslie Sunday morning and he FREAKS! “Who the f**k are Scott and Leslie?” he asked. I had mentioned them before in my conversations with him, so this proved my point that he doesn’t listen to what I say. I tell him who they are though and how I met them and why they are coming over. He calms down. He proceeds to tell me how he is going to spend Sunday with his mother, as he does every Sunday now that he is living 20 minutes from her. He doesn’t bother to call me again until 7:30 Sunday night. I am in the car listening to some very loud rock music and quite frankly didn’t feel like turning it down to talk on the phone. He proceeds to call my 2nd cell phone (I have two) I didn’t bother answering that one either. Come on people, it was the Red Hot Chili Peppers! Would you have turned them off to talk on the phone? I didn’t think so. When I got home I did honestly forget that he had called. Apparently he sent an email as well. I don’t check my email very often so I didn’t realize he had sent one. Finally at 11pm the cell phone rings and I pick it up this time. He is freaking out. “WHERE ARE YOU?” “Home watching Bridget Jones,” I reply. He was afraid I was lying about Scott having a wife and had gone out somewhere with him I think. Normally he is in bed by 10pm, so for him to call me at 11pm on a Sunday night, well that’s huge. Glad I could worry him a bit. Keeps him on his toes. LOL and I must have really worried him because he said “if the house hasn’t sold by the end of the month why don’t you fly out here for 3 or 4 weeks.” Hmmm…. Interesting that he couldn’t be bothered to take any of my “I can fly out” hints until he thought I was out with another man. Silly boy.


(click on image to enlarge)

Can you believe we had several snow flurries over the weekend? Odd because on Friday we had 70 degree weather. I even went as far as putting mulch in all the flower beds. Several types of bulbs have already come up in my flower beds only to die on Saturday and Sunday. So sad.

I asked my BFF to go to the movies with me today. When she found out I wanted to see Nim’s Island she begged off. Seems she had seen it twice last week during her kids Spring break. After we had lunch together I did go and see Nim’s Island by myself though. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I don’t know if it was because I was just in the mood for such a movie or if it was really good, but I loved it. Go see it and let me know what you think. Now I want to see Leatherheads. Has anyone seen that movie yet?

There are lots of other things going on, yet not much going on. Do you know what I mean? It’s hard to imagine that this time last week I was wrapped in the hubsters arms. I really do miss him. This whole selling the house, moving thing sucks. No, let me rephrase that. This whole me staying here to sell the house while he moves to MD to start his new job thing sucks. I want to move to! I am sick of being stuck here in the Midwest. I want to move on with my life too. I’ve already made new friends in MD and I would like to hang out with them. My friends here are sick of saying goodbye to me, they want me to leave already. Even my family doctor says “what, you’re still here?” when I see him. Time marches on and I want to as well. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it! Besides, blue crab season has officially started.
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 5:13 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At April 14, 2008 at 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Turn the RHCP off? No way...I remember the band when Jack Irons was with it!!!!! To bad hubby's so busy, too bad the company can't relax their needs.
    Surely with the coming of spring the house will move.
    Umm, where would you stay if you went there for a few weeks? No at BIL, I guess.
    Yes you are bad at reading your email, but we love you anyway!

     
  • At April 15, 2008 at 8:43 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Yup, I would be staying wih the BIL if/when I fly out to MD. As long as I give him a couple of days notice he is okay with it apparently. Last time I gave them less than 24 hours notice. Seems the BIL, MIL and SIL think I am a clean freak. I'm not, I swear! So the BIL was running around like crazy trying to clean his place. (It needed it!!!)

     
  • At April 15, 2008 at 3:29 PM, Blogger thewriterslife

    I don't know how you do it, Oopsy. You're so independent by now! But I know you miss hubby. Fly out for a couple of weeks...the only bad thing is it will be so hard to leave. Any closer to selling your house?

     
  • At April 15, 2008 at 4:13 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    Nope Dorothy, I'm not any closer to selling my house. Darn it. I am thinking about dropping the price next week though. Surely with the beautiful weather we are finally experiencing home shoppers will come out in drives soon (I hope).