Friday, April 11, 2008
Oops, Doubt Sets In


Now that I am back in Indy, doubt is starting to set in my tangled mind. What sort of doubt you ask? Well, since my hubby is staying with his brother until I move out there, he had to ask his permission for me to stay last weekend. Of course his brother said yes. But tonight when I made a brief mention that I wouldn’t mind flying out for a week or two, I followed it by saying “I don’t think your brother would like me spending a couple of weeks at his house though.” To which the hubster should have replied “he doesn’t mind, we both enjoy your company and hope you will fly out.” But that’s not what the hubster said. What he actually said was that his brother was freaking out over last weekend because I didn’t give enough notice…he thinks. And that’s all the hubster said. He didn’t say “oh I would love you to fly out” and he didn’t say “my brother doesn’t mind how long you stay”. No, he didn’t say any of those things. And in regards to the email I sent the hubster earlier in the day, mentioning that I had found a roundtrip airline ticket online for only $149, he read it but ignored it. So what am I to think? So here I will sit, in my big empty house, waiting for a buyer.

Speaking of which, it’s no wonder no one wants to buy our house. We have the drug addict across the street who is into boom-boom sounds on his very loud car stereo and the faith healer neighbor with garbage bags full of leaves lining the sides of their driveway. And speaking of the faith healer neighbor, who do you suppose dragged their kitchen table onto their driveway to eat dinner tonight? Yup, the faith healer neighbor.

And while I am ranting, to be quite honest, if I don’t get the hell away from my two sons I am going to die of high blood pressure. They are driving me NUTS! Now the eldest one has taken the liberty of putting his dogs in my backyard when I am not home and leaving them there ALL F**KING DAY! That’s a major problem when you are trying to sell your house and those dogs have dug holes in your back yard and turned it into a mud pit. Totally destroyed not only my landscaping but also my flowers that WERE starting to poke up. Not to mention that people viewing the house can’t step out into the back yard because of these barking dogs. It’s really pissing me off. I am so dammed sick of being used. Give an inch and take a mile. And if my eldest comes in here drunk one more time I am changing the locks. God save me from the alcoholics of the world. Yes, my nerves are shot. It’s probably a good thing my husband doesn’t want me to fly out because my damned son would have the house destroyed by the time I got back, an he doesn’t even live here. It’s times like this I think I could easily become a Xanax taker. (or whatever it is you call someone that takes Xanax.) Now I think I’ll go and watch the two Bridgett Jones movies that I rented this afternoon and pig out on Ben and Jerry’s.

 
posted by Daisy Martin at 6:03 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments:


  • At April 12, 2008 at 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Certainly not the way to make you feel welcome. phooey on them. Does that cheap fare work in reverse? Can hubby take a Fri or Mon off and come out for 3-day weekend?

     
  • At April 13, 2008 at 11:05 AM, Blogger Sam

    Yes, it sounds like hubby should come home for a weekend and stay with you! (and maybe put his foot down about the dogs!)

     
  • At April 13, 2008 at 4:51 PM, Blogger Mindie

    My kids aren't that old yet, but I know exactly how you feel, especially about the hubster part. I hope it all turns out well.

     
  • At April 14, 2008 at 7:10 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    I wish Ern and Sam, but the hubby can't take enough time off to fly home, even for the weekend. And the airport is 1 1/2 hours from the the remote area of MD that he is living at. Somebody just needs to buy this house!

    I bet you do know exactly how I feel Mindy. When I see military wives I feel like I have no right to complain because I know I can always hop a plane and visit the hubby if it gets too bad. after seeing what my daughter went thru when her hubby was deployed I have all the kudos and respect in the workd for you guys.