Friday, March 16, 2007
Oops, It’s Girls Night Out

(click on image to enlarge)

Last night I had Girls Night out. My 6 year old granddaughter, Jas, spent the night. It’s like a hurricane hits the house when she blows through. I’m not sure how it happens but it does. We started off our evening with a shopping trip to Kohls to procure an Easter dress for Jas. I held up all sorts of pretty frilly pink and yellow dresses but she was having none of it. She is very much like her Auntie Brooke was at that age. She has a different fashion sense than what I would want for her. So for Easter she chose a black dress. She marches to the beat of a different drummer, that’s for sure. But it is a cute black dress so I can’t complain. It’s a little large in the top though so I need to take a tuck in that today.


(click on image to enlarge)


After the dress she HAD to go to the shoe department. I swear she is her Auntie Brooke all over again. After much looking she finally she chose the cutest pair of white shoes that has a little charm on the strap. And after seeing the joy on her face as she modeled her Easter clothes for her Pop Pop I was glad that I let her pick out her clothes. There is nothing worse than having to wear something you don’t like. I am still haunted by the monstrosities I had to wear as a kid. (shiver)



For dinner Jas had her heart set on going to BW3’s because they have mini corn dogs and fries in the shape of smiley faces. Oh joy. When we got there the place was packed. It didn’t occur to me until after we had ordered that this is the week March Madness started. There is nothing worse than being in Indiana during March Madness. This is a basketball state for sure. I heard that if you don’t like basketball they actually ask you to leave the state.

On the drive home I asked Jas to call her Pop Pop at work and ask him what kind of sandwich he wanted from the deli for dinner. (Corned Beef on Rye) She called his place of work and the hubster’s co-worker answered. Jas seemed a bit confused as she was expecting her Gwanpa to answer the phone. She timidly said “You’re not my Pop Pop. Where’s my Pop Pop?” The co-worker said it was all he could do to not laugh on the phone. I am sure that today they are all calling the hubster “Pop Pop” at work.



After Jas put her Easter finery away we baked Easter cookies, ate Popsicles, made jewelry with her beading kit, played computer games, read books, did homework, watched the Office on TV, tried on lip gloss, painted, made cards and finally went to bed. Is it any wonder I am worn out today? Whew! If only we could somehow bottle the energy of a 6 year old.
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 6:02 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments: