Thursday, February 15, 2007
Oops, I’m Scary



Tonight my cell phone rang. I picked it up without bothering to look at the display to see who was calling. To my delight it was my 6 year old granddaughter. I haven’t seen her for a couple of weeks, since I’ve been sick. I hadn’t realized how much I missed her until I talked with her.

“Hi Jas” I said. “Are you enjoying the snow?”

“Yes” she replied. “But why haven’t you seen me for a long time Gwanma?” She asked.

Yikes, a six year old was calling me on the carpet. “Um…well… Gwanma’s had pancreatitis honey, I’ve been sick”.

“But you should still see your grandchildren, even when you’re sick” she countered.

“I’m sorry Jas, I just didn’t want you to see me sick and get scared.”

“It’s okay Gwanma, I saw you yell at Gwanpa once and I didn’t get scared. But I think Gwanpa did”.
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 7:35 PM | Permalink |


4 Comments: