Tuesday, February 13, 2007
Oops, It’s A Snowday

(Click on image to view larger)

There is nothing quite so fun as waking up to 6 inches, unless it’s waking up to 9 inches. But 6 inches it was and it is still falling. The white stuff that is. And no, I’m not talking about my neighbors dandruff. We are currently experiencing a level two snow emergency here in the frozen Midwest. We are supposed to get snow all the way through Wednesday with it falling at a rate of 1 inch an hour this afternoon. Our total accumulation is supposed to be 14 inches which means we will get 18 inches. With a level two snow emergency you are not allowed on the roads unless you have an essential job such as working at a hospital. So the hubster gets to stay home today. Whoo-hoo, snow day! I may not be so jovial by the end of the day however if the hubster gets on my nerves, but for now I am pleased as punch to have the old man home for the day. Besides, he builds a better fire in the fireplace than I do.


(Click on image to view larger)

In the excitement of the snow I almost forgot to tell you our exciting news. We’re going to California in less than two weeks! Hurray! Lady luck smiled upon us and at the last minute we were able to pull the trip out of the crapper by finding a flight that was only $50 more than our cheap flight would have been. And now the hotel accommodations are starting to fall in place. We found a great deal at a well known hotel on a suite. With this sale we were able to get a suite at a dirt cheap price at a very nice hotel on the beach in Manhattan Beach. Things are starting to fall into place with the trip so maybe the trip was meant to be after all.


(Click on image to view larger)

I went to my doctor yesterday afternoon and had more bloodwork done. Depending upon the results of the bloodwork will determine if I go to the hospital or not for a few days. I explained to him that we have non refundable tickets to California and I wasn’t going to miss that trip, Pancreatitis or not. So we made a deal (yes, another deal). If my bloodwork comes back showing a certain level I will go into the hospital Thursday morning and be admitted with the understanding that I’ll stay longer than 3 days. There is really nothing they can do other than put me on IV fluids to give the pancreas a rest and shoot me full of Demerol. I’m not a big fan of being stoned out of my mind (well except for those couple of years back in the late 70’s/early 80’s) so I would rather stay out of the hospital and just stay at home doing our taxes. Who would have thought that doing taxes would be more fun than getting shot up with Demerol. Holy cow I must be old.
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 9:10 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments: