Wednesday, February 7, 2007
Oops, It’s a Blizzard



Someone told me that the farmers almanac said that we would be having a blizzard in February. Guess what we had yesterday? Yup, a february Blizzard. Who would have thunk it. It was funny because schools were delayed 2 hours because of the bone chilling cold. So school started at 10am. At 10:30 am it started snowing at the rate of an inch an hour. They immediately made an announcement that schools would be closing at 11am and some at 11:30am. Seems that the kids spent more time getting to and from school yesterday than they did actually attending school. As for myself, I had errands to run yesterday. When I left the house I saw a few lone snowflakes fluttering in the air. When I came out of the post office it was snowing at a pretty good clip and just starting to stick on the roads. When I came out of the store everything was a winter wonderland and you could barely see in front of your face. It was an interesting drive home. When it was all said and done the weather person said we had 5.3 inches of the white stuff. I don’t know what white stuff he was talking about but in my driveway I measured 9 inches. (tee-hee, I got 9 inches yesterday *snicker*) It was one doozy of a storm. I have to say I found it oddly satisfying, all 9 inches of it.



The rest of the day I spent in the kitchen cooking up a storm (no pun intended). I made the most divine Beef Bourguignon. I made a fresh from scratch Caesar salad. And I tried my hand at another pound cake. This time I tried a different recipe. It came out great, even though I used a loaf pan instead of the tube pan it recommended. It absolutely melted in your mouth. I think I have found the most perfect pound cake recipe.

I have a little problem lately. I had some tests run at the hospital last week and it seems that the tests caused a major flare-up of pancreatitis. So although I have been cooking my little old heart out, I can’t eat any of it. I have been living on baked potatoes and sprite for the last several days. Not fun. Does anyone have a spare pancreas laying around that they wouldn’t mind donating to me?

Not to get off topic, but I just realized I can’t find my Cindy Lauper CD, and in fact, don’t recall seeing it for at least the last year. Do YOU know where my Cindy Lauper CD is? Huh? Huh? Could someone call the physic hotline for me and get a physic to tell me where my Cindy Lauper CD is? I would really appreciate it, and isn’t that payment enough? Funny how the Meatloaf CD isn’t missing. Hmph!



Back to topic, my aches and pains… In addition to having pain that feels like someone shot me in the gut with a cannon ball, I also have a bad back. Silly me shoveled the driveway and sidewalk in the midst of the storm yesterday. Silly because at the rate of 1 inch of snow falling per hour my efforts were quickly covered up. And the hubster ended up having to reshovel the driveway when the snow stopped last night. Meanwhile here I sit in my warm cozy house, playing on the computer, popping percocet. It’s not a totally a bad thing. Nope, not a bad thing at all.
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 7:35 AM | Permalink |


5 Comments: