Thursday, January 18, 2007
Oops, I Have A Lunch Date



I have a confession. Last Thursday I went out to lunch with the self proclaimed faith healer neighbor. And worst of all we went to a Chinese buffet. Yes, I know I have sworn off of Chinese buffets but she was driving, what could I do? I know, just say no. But I didn’t and I have the heartburn to prove it. Why am I talking about this a week later? Because I rashly made a commitment last week. sigh… After lunch last Thursday the self proclaimed faith healer neighbor asked me if I would go out to lunch with her this Friday (meaning tomorrow 1/19). My mind was saying “Oh hell no” but my mouth said “I’d love to”. I really meant to say no, I really did. She wanted to do it on Friday because her daughter is off of school tomorrow and would get to go with us. That would be the 10 year old girl who’s tone of voice is permanently stuck on ear-splitting loud. I am still trying to recover from the last time I went out to a Chinese buffet with Deb and her daughter. I’m not sure what disease I am going to invent to get out of going to lunch with her tomorrow but trust me it will be a doozy!



Today I was running a few errands and I happened to be next to the new Goodwill store that opened up a couple of months ago. It was a guilty pleasure but I just had to stop and peruse the shelves. For some reason Hoosiers love their Goodwill stores. I have to admit I am a little addicted to them as well. I like to browse in the Goodwill. It is like taking a tour of history. You see clothes and household goods from the 70’ and 80’s and even the 60’s at times. Going to a Goodwill store is better than some of the antique stores here. I rarely buy anything but I love the thrill of the hunt. And there is always the “Freak Magnet” factor. Today was no exception. The freaks were drawn to me like moths to a flame. I am looking at a 200 piece jigsaw puzzle and one lady comes up to me exclaiming “you’re not going to buy that are you? I am getting eye strain just by looking at the cover of the box, there is no way anybody can put together 2000 tiny little pieces. Tell me you aren’t going to buy it!” Uh, no, I was just looking at it. I promise I’ll put it right back. I promise. This same lady came up to my cart later and pulled a box out of my cart to see what was in it. Apparently she couldn’t figure out what was in the box and it was driving her crazy, so did I mind if she took a peek? By the time she had finished asking me she had already taken a peek and returned the box to my cart. Then there was the lady that saw the Mickey mouse hat in my cart and just had to grab it and try it on. Don’t ask me what I was doing with a Mickey Mouse hat in my cart, you don’t really want to know. I’ll just let your imagination run with that one.
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 7:15 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At January 19, 2007 at 11:50 AM, Blogger MarkD60

    I'd like to read a post about how much you love your faith healer neighbor. 'Cause you do, I can tell.

    AND if youda thought about it, you could have asked and the faith healing neighbor would've miraclously healed your heartburn!

     
  • At January 21, 2007 at 5:15 PM, Blogger Daisy Mae

    Drat Mark, NOW you tell me that the faith healer could have cured my heartburn. why didn't I think of that? I guess I don't have any excuses not to go out to lunch with her now. darn!