Sunday, January 21, 2007
Oops, We’re California Dreaming



My husband is one of the thirty people in the entire Midwest that have never been to California. 2007 is our year for change, so he is determined to broaden his horizons and do some California Dreaming. As with anything that the Rainman does, he has been researching a possible California trip nine ways to Sunday. Speaking of which, what exactly does that phrase “nine ways to Sunday” mean? I’ve always wondered that. I digress though.

So the Hubster has been pouring over the maps and glued to the Internet for days trying to determine exactly where in California he would like to go. This morning as the snows pelted the frozen Midwest tundra he made his decision.

“Los Angeles” he simply pronounced over breakfast.

“That’s great” I said with jubilance, as I ticked off the various bloggers I could meet up with. “Lets see,” I droned, “We could take Juanita and little Kat out to lunch, maybe do coffee with Xanax Mom, and we couldn’t pass up the opportunity to have a café au-laite and muffin on the beach with Secret Agent Josephine and Baby Bug and we absolutely have to do lunch with Neil’s Penis.”

“Whoa” the hubster commanded. “I have no problem with meeting up with Cats and Bugs, or even drug dealing mothers or whatever a Xanax Mom is, but I may have to draw the line at hanging out with some guys penis.”

“It’s okay” I assured him. “Neil’s penis writes in the first person, just like Neil, so it’s all good.”

“Hmmm” he pondered. “I wonder how much Neil’s penis eats.”

“We could always ask Sophia” I said dryly, “but I’m pretty sure Neil’s penis has an insatiable appetite. Bring lots of ones just to be on the safe side though.”
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 6:02 PM | Permalink |


7 Comments:


  • At January 22, 2007 at 6:53 AM, Blogger Sam

    LOL!!!!!
    I'd love to go to California. I was there when I was a baby, but don't remember anything about it.
    Love the new blog look!!
    Hugs
    SAm

     
  • At January 22, 2007 at 9:55 AM, Blogger Julie

    I am one of the 30 people that have never been to California.. Would I fit into your suitcase? I would have to go to San Fancisco though!!!

     
  • At January 22, 2007 at 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    OMG!!! It is a done deal! Name the time and place and we'll be there with bells on! Kat and I love any reason to meet up with friends for any meal of the day!

     
  • At January 22, 2007 at 1:47 PM, Blogger Nancy

    And you'll have to stop by the Warner Bros. Studio for a quick personal tour of the lot by me.
    :)

     
  • At January 22, 2007 at 2:48 PM, Blogger Daisy Mae

    Thanks Sam. I'll stick you and Jules in my carry on luggage. and yes, we will swing you by San Fran Jules.

    The whole trip is just a secret plot to get some of your moms recipes Juanita. ;-)

    That's right, you are in LA too, aren't you Nancy! I forgot that you are located in that area of Calif. Did I tell you the brother of one of the hubsters co-workers works at Warner Brothers? He works on the set of ER right now. I forget what he does. Part of the production staff I think.

     
  • At January 22, 2007 at 4:09 PM, Blogger Neil

    All three of us welcome you to California!

     
  • At January 23, 2007 at 7:06 PM, Blogger Postmodern Sass

    If you've never been here, I would absolutely recommend L.A. and environs as the place to go. But do keep in mind that I'm in San Jose... and that the best thing about San Jose is San Francisco!