Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Oops, I’m Out Of Character



I did something out of character for me today. I went to the bookstore. That’s not the out of character thing, I go to the bookstore quite a lot. In fact they know me by name now. What I bought was very out of character for me. I bought a bible. It just occurred to me that we don’t have a bible in our house. We may not be church goers but the hubster and I definitely believe in God and were both raised in the church. (Different religions though). Odd that we didn’t have a bible before now, eh? I have to say though, buying a bible can be very confusing now days. Do you know how many versions there are out there? There was the King James, the new King James, the International bible, the new International bible, the Womens bible, the Mens bible, the Childrens bible, the new revised bible, even something called the Duct Tape bible. You name it they had it. I kept looking for the row that said “Just a plain old bible” but I never found it. I guess they didn’t have that. So in the end I picked a bible by choosing the one with the prettiest cover. That’s pretty much the same way I buy a car.



When I left the bookstore I decided I would pick up a sandwich for lunch and take it home. Normally if I eat breakfast I don’t eat lunch, and if I eat lunch I don’t eat breakfast. This morning I didn’t eat breakfast so lunch it was. I arrived at the sandwich shoppe at 11:45, which anyone knows is the height of lunchtime for office workers. Oddly there were absolutely no customers in the sandwich shoppe even though there were many large office complexes nearby. Odd don’t you think? Did they know something I didn’t? I should have taken that as a sign and walked out, but I plunged forward. Silly me. I got home and plopped in front of the TV to watch Judge Judy while I ate my ham and cheese sub sandwich. I didn’t know it was possible to screw up a simple ham and cheese sub but this sandwich shoppe did. After the third bite I gave up and put it in the dogs dish. Mr. “I’ll eat anything including other dogs poo”, looked at the sandwich, sniffed it, licked it, looked like he was going to be ill and walked away… rapidly. I have vowed that from now on I will only buy lunch from restaurants that are incredibly busy.
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 3:40 PM | Permalink |


3 Comments:


  • At January 25, 2007 at 7:38 AM, Blogger Julie

    Did you get a translator for the bible too? I think they sell those now too for those of us that don't have a minister-preacher-father-etc to explain it to us. I have a bible that has a nice handly little cover on it that one of my penpals sent me years ago. Therefore I have no clue as to what type the bible is.. and since it is in a drawer by my bed most of the time I have no clue.. I wonder if we can go to hell for not reading the bible?!

     
  • At January 25, 2007 at 9:52 AM, Blogger MarkD60

    You gotta go to a hotel and steal a bible, one that says "placed here by the Gideons"

    That sandwich looks good! Your blog always makes me hungry!

     
  • At January 25, 2007 at 10:18 AM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    A translator Jules? Good grief, what ever happened to just plain old bibles. Crazy, eh?

    That's not a bad idea Mark. After all, don't they place them there just so people can swipe them? Same as the ashtrays right?