Thursday, February 1, 2007
Oops, I Need a Facelift



This morning I was at the grocery in the produce department peeking at the tiny print on PLU lookup sheet so I could print price labels on my produce. At the grocery I shop at you have to weigh and print price scan stickers for your produce but pay premium prices for their rotten old veggies. I never have understood that concept really. But I shop there so I guess I am the dumb one. Anyway, I am looking at this sheet and squinting when I happen to notice that there is an older woman (meaning older than me) waiting to use to price printing machine. I step to the side and tell her to scan her stuff that I am having trouble finding my code. She proceeds to chat with me and tells me that the store needs to print the codes in a larger font for old baby boomer eyes like ours as she gestured towards she and myself. That thud she heard was my jaw hitting the floor. Now I’m no spring chicken by any means, but I didn’t think I looked so bad that someone in their 60’s or 70’s would mistake me for their age. I admit I wasn’t wearing makeup today, but still, I am very, very, very far from a baby boomers age. I think it’s time for me to get a face-lift if I am being mistaken for a senior citizen. Maybe I should have hit her over the head with my walker?
 
posted by Daisy Martin at 1:55 PM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At February 3, 2007 at 2:49 PM, Blogger MarkD60

    You dob't need a facelift you pretty 'lil thing!

    Did you ever see the movie Brazil? It's a super freaky movie with Robert DiNero. In it are these rich old ladies who get facelifts like a hobby!

    Your assignment: Watch that movie!

     
  • At February 4, 2007 at 12:36 PM, Blogger Daisy Martin

    I'll have to check out that movie Mark. It sounds familar but I don't think I've seen it. Maybe I should wear my bi-focals. ;-)